MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Brother was riding along on the 750 and the headlamp glass along with the trim fell right out and shattered! Anyone else have that happen? :cussing:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Actually......

I wasn't there when my bike got slammed because I bought it "post launch" - but the guy told me when he wacked the front end of my 750, very, very hard on the guardrail (enough to make the front tire go flat), the lens on the front head light flew off. I don't know if it's true, but since I heard your story, I believe him.....Oh well, seems MV doesn't sell the front glass, so I too am looking for a front headlight with glass. A real bummer.......

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
The front glass on the F4 is held on with little metal clips that squeeze together the lip on the glass and the mount. (I'm not sure on the Brutale.) It's believable that it would come off with enough force.

Really sorry to hear about the Brutale! I hope you can get a replacement quickly. I know they aren't cheap. :(

·
Registered
774 Posts
The falling of the headlight glass is a known problem on the Brutale 750. The glass is just fitted with glue.

It seems the problem is solved on 2005 750 and 910 model.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I wonder if it's covered by warranty. You'd think it would be, since I did nothing to cause it to fall out, but who knows. Guess I'll have to give my dealer a call and find out.

Olive said:
The falling of the headlight glass is a known problem on the Brutale 750. The glass is just fitted with glue.

It seems the problem is solved on 2005 750 and 910 model.

·
Registered
774 Posts
getcrackin said:
I wonder if it's covered by warranty. You'd think it would be, since I did nothing to cause it to fall out, but who knows. Guess I'll have to give my dealer a call and find out.
I believe it wont be a problem to replace it for free. That's what says my dealer today.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I contacted my dealer and he says he'd have to see the headlight and inspect it... then send it over to MV Agusta so they can inspect it to figure out why the glass is falling out of headlights. It looks like I'll have to ship it to the dealer, since the nearest dealer is over 2 hours away. I just may have to put a temporary headlight on the bike, it won't look good, but at least I'll still be able to feed my addiction, er I mean ride. :wtf:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Being paranoid as hell, I looked at the headlight glass on mine....and sure enough, you can pull it right off!!!!! :shocker: It's held in place by the glue, but it's not GLUED. At first I thought it was a rubber gasket, but sure enough it's glue. It'll stay put, as the wind will also push it and keep it in place, but now I'm paranoid.

Doesn't seem like it'd be anything hard to remedy. I'm gonna go buy some RTV sealant and since the old glue acts like a "gasket" and keeps it there, the RTV sealant should keep it put.

Damn...I'm really paranoid now :green:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts