MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
F3 800
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem when tight the head on my F3 800. The manual say the torque at the final 85° tight must be between 53.5 and 61.5Nm but i'm around 30Nm! I change the gasket and bolt, that the second time i do that and same problem. I'am doing something wrong? I can repeat the sequence from the start without changing the new gasket?

Thanks

·
Old Wing Nut
23,992 Posts
Are you using a good digital torque wrench that reads in degrees? or making a paint mark and estimating the degrees ?
What is the torque value before the turn 85° more?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've done lots and lots of MV engine rebuilds. Only use light motor oil on the head bolt threads. The initial torque in the manual is not enough to compress the head gasket. So do initial torque twice, then do the 85 degrees. Then go back and torque all bolts to minimum spec.

·
Registered
F3 800
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you using a good digital torque wrench that reads in degrees? or making a paint mark and estimating the degrees ?
What is the torque value before the turn 85° more?
The torque value before the 85° is 10Nm, then I use an angular disc and the torque wrench to supervise the torque.

I've done lots and lots of MV engine rebuilds. Only use light motor oil on the head bolt threads. The initial torque in the manual is not enough to compress the head gasket. So do initial torque twice, then do the 85 degrees. Then go back and torque all bolts to minimum spec.
Thank you! That's what i think the pre tightening torque is not enought. Just for clarity, you do the initial torque at 20Nm then 85°, release the bolts and 10Nm+85°?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts