MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlight on my UK 312R seems to be a left hand drive one it's sloping up to the wrong side of the road is this normal for the F4 or has someone fitted the wrong headlight at the factory?

Also I need some more noise out of the exhausts what are the options other than buying a set of RG3's can't really spend all that on it at the moment need to let the funds recover :)

Anyone got any slightly modified exhausts for sale?

Thanks in Advance

Buy the way I love it!

·
Living the Dream
2,761 Posts
if you don't like the headlight direction, try adjusting it using the allen adjusters by the light. When i installed my HID's they were pointed way in the air, it took a little adjustment, but eventually i got it straight. Check the manual for instructions if you haven't already checked.

Welcome to the club!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I think that there is a UK version of the headlight available (that's what the dealer said when I bought mine), I dont know if you can fiddle with the settings and change the direction of the beam

·
Registered
180 Posts
My headlight on my UK 312R seems to be a left hand drive one it's sloping up to the wrong side of the road is this normal for the F4 or has someone fitted the wrong headlight at the factory?

Also I need some more noise out of the exhausts what are the options other than buying a set of RG3's can't really spend all that on it at the moment need to let the funds recover :)

Anyone got any slightly modified exhausts for sale?

Thanks in Advance

Buy the way I love it!
If the headlight points the wrong way then I suggest the importer should replace it with a compliant one (at thier expense). There are headlights for those of us countries that drive on the correct side of the road.

There are alternatives to the Arrow RG3 exhaust system but they aren't cheap (often even more expensive). You bought a premium bike and part of the deal is only premium parts are produced for it.

For more noise I suspect that the tail pipes could be removed and releived of some sound insulation. However it would be better to save your pennies and get a new ECU and system when funds permit.

PS in standard trim my 1000R was still quite vocal (much louder than the Jap alternatives). With an RG3 system it drones more and offers a sharper sound (especially when dropping throught the gears) however from the riders seat the RG3 system isn't hugely louder, since the mechanical cacophony from the engine still overwhelms the exhaust note at all revs.

Look up the for sale forum, occasionally things come-up.

Andrew...

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Regarding the exhaust a lot of Aussie's on here have had their stock systems modified. Costs roughly AUD$300 (150 pounds) and works fine without an ECU change. Basically they remove the silencers and blow a hole in the internal piping to the air flows straight through rather than looping around in the muffler. I think mini me has a thread about it on here.

They sound absolutely brilliant when done. Any decent motorbike exhaust shop should be able to do it for you.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
You can get a louder song by drilling out the rivets which hold the tips in place, replace the perforated tubes with solid SS tubes and rerivet the tips back on. Do not remove the sound insulation as it doubles as a heat insulator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts