MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with that tiny brain bucket and "tough-guy" gear.

however, the road was tougher - bone deep abrasions on his head, arms and shoulder.

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Ouch! Looks like he was motoring along at a fair clip, too...

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Great pics, it's good to see them again.

http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1514&page=2&pp=10&highlight=hand+handle+bar

the above thread also has the one of him waving to the camera before he goes down...pretty sure it was showing off for the camera that cost him... going a little quicker taking the hand off for the cool wave and.... :ahhh: :shitfan: You can see in the second pic the with just that bit of his face, the grimace in the moments proir to going down.

I feel like a complete bastard as there's nothing funny about a fellow rider (even an unprotected Harley rider) crashing and hurting themselves but there is something about that series that really makes me laugh...oh I'm going to hell now.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Rockethouse said:
I feel like a complete bastard as there's nothing funny about a fellow rider (even an unprotected Harley rider) crashing and hurting themselves but there is something about that series that really makes me laugh...oh I'm going to hell now.
And if you're REALLY bad you'll skip hell and judge a loud pipes contest for all eternity.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
emmvee said:
And if you're REALLY bad you'll skip hell and judge a loud pipes contest for all eternity.

:laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
He could have saved it. :)

If he would have just hung on, it probably would have slid like that on it's side a while and then he could just step off, push it back upright, and go.

I can say I almost did this myself when I rented a Heritage Softail for a trip I took. As soon as I got to the Salt River Canyon I thought I was going to have a good time in corners. Wrong. Grounded out, started going towards the guardrail in a hurry. It was a shameful, hateful thing they call a motorcycle. But I should have known... I had never ridden a big Harley before and I was grounding it out at every single corner.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
spalding12 said:
yeah...
that's an old picture
but....
here in florida there is NO helmet law.... so freakin' embarrassing
and, on any given weekend day... more than 3/4 of the CRUISER riders on the road (and, there are hundreds on the roads around here) are riding withOUT a helmet
Boy, I don't know Greg. Why is it embarassing that you don't have a helmet law? I am a firm believer in your right to choose to be stupid as long as it does not effect me. If people want to ride with out protective gear, why should I care? We don't have a helmet law here either. "Let those who ride decide" seems to be the mantra. We have a seatbelt law, and a hands free device for your cell phone when you are driving law. If you are not wearing your belt and get pitched through the windshield, oh well, you'll wear it next time won't you? Having said that, I will bury you in tickets if I see you driving with a child and the child is not properly secured, or you are driving like an idiot because you are on your cell phone.
I saw a guy on a bike who was running from the police. No helmet, no gear and a passenger on the back. He ran a red light and hit a van broadside. His head hit the A pillar, split open and his brain skidded across the hood of the van and landed in a gooey mess on the street. He and his 16 year old passenger, who aparently just accepted a ride home from school, were killed instantly (while going through him looking for ID we did find a couple of rocks of crack). Tragic? Absolutely. Stupid? Beyond comprehension. But I still defend his right not to wear a helmet.
From a cynical point of view, look at it as chlorine in the gene pool.

CAG

·
Registered
822 Posts
acruhl said:
He could have saved it. :)

If he would have just hung on, it probably would have slid like that on it's side a while and then he could just step off, push it back upright, and go.

I can say I almost did this myself when I rented a Heritage Softail for a trip I took. As soon as I got to the Salt River Canyon I thought I was going to have a good time in corners. Wrong. Grounded out, started going towards the guardrail in a hurry. It was a shameful, hateful thing they call a motorcycle. But I should have known... I had never ridden a big Harley before and I was grounding it out at every single corner.

:laughing: The floorboards on my last electra-glide were so sharp from grinding them down that I could have shaved with them!

·
Registered
85 Posts
spalding12 said:
here in florida there is NO helmet law.... so freakin' embarrassing
and, on any given weekend day... more than 3/4 of the CRUISER riders on the road (and, there are hundreds on the roads around here) are riding withOUT a helmet
Who needs a helmet law when you don't have any corners in FL.:eek:
:later:

·
Registered
822 Posts
CAG said:
Boy, I don't know Greg. Why is it embarassing that you don't have a helmet law? I am a firm believer in your right to choose to be stupid as long as it does not effect me. If people want to ride with out protective gear, why should I care? We don't have a helmet law here either. "Let those who ride decide" seems to be the mantra. We have a seatbelt law, and a hands free device for your cell phone when you are driving law. If you are not wearing your belt and get pitched through the windshield, oh well, you'll wear it next time won't you? Having said that, I will bury you in tickets if I see you driving with a child and the child is not properly secured, or you are driving like an idiot because you are on your cell phone.
I saw a guy on a bike who was running from the police. No helmet, no gear and a passenger on the back. He ran a red light and hit a van broadside. His head hit the A pillar, split open and his brain skidded across the hood of the van and landed in a gooey mess on the street. He and his 16 year old passenger, who aparently just accepted a ride home from school, were killed instantly (while going through him looking for ID we did find a couple of rocks of crack). Tragic? Absolutely. Stupid? Beyond comprehension. But I still defend his right not to wear a helmet.

CAG
Bravo! :yo:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
CAG said:

CAG
I am all for the freedom of choice but I am totally against paying for stupid people that can't handle that freedom appropriately.

You are FREE to pursuit your happiness as long as your pursuit doesn't infringe up my right to do the same. I would rather see my tax money go to the orphanage than to hospital to care those that are too stupid for their own good, like not wearing proper protection while riding. :banghead:

...OK, I am off the podium now.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
ARCHILLE said:
I am all for the freedom of choice but I am totally against paying for stupid people that can't handle that freedom appropriately.

You are FREE to pursuit your happiness as long as your pursuit doesn't infringe up my right to do the same. I would rather see my tax money go to the orphanage than to hospital to care those that are too stupid for their own good, like not wearing proper protection while riding. :banghead:

...OK, I am off the podium now.
No need to get off the podium, you make a good point. If my insurance rates are higher because the company is paynig out millions for a guy too dumb to wear a helmet, you are correct it affects me. I'm not so sure about the hospital though. I think the number of motorcycle accidents treated pales in comparison to the number of uninsured people hospitals are mandated by law to treat for any malady real or imagined.
It should not be too difficult for an actuary to devise a premium scheme that rewards careful, claim free well protected drivers. If I ran an insurance company I would set up a system like this: You are free to ride naked if you want, I am free to charge you $3000 per year for insurance. If you agree to wear full protective gear, your premium is $300. The greater risk you are to other consumers of insurance, the higher your premium is.

CAG

·
Registered
579 Posts
I am with Archille and CAG. Beyond insurance policies, the not so smart riders are constantly causing me greif because I suffer from thier actions. while i live in the greatest riding area in the world, a lot of newbies and squids (a seasoned newbie) end up wrecking that for all of us experienced riders. We know that us riders are judged at every angle. And negetive publicity is definetly not wanted, because then you (squid/newbie) are affecting us all. Help us out (for all you squids and newbies), wear at least the minimum protection for the sake of the whole team.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Oh yeah, I almost forgot.
Maybe this cruiser guy is actually a good rider.
He could have just been unfotunate enough to be on 2004 motogp spec bridgestone. :laughing:
(I am sorry, i know that was wrong. I apologize to this guy and all the harley riders here [please dont beat me up, it was just jokes :stopp: ])

1 - 20 of 21 Posts