MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doubt many, if any, have heard of this guy named Max Hazan. Hes basically just building rolling pieces of art. As far as I know he started with modifying existing bikes and has now grown into building bikes from scratch sans engine of course.

Some of his early work:

A 900ss if I am correct

A BSA A50

I had a chance to meet Max as he now lives in LA and I followed, and got to help with, his most recent bike. Its a completely hand made bike using an old harley motor that is supercharged (might be turbo but I thought I remembered supercharged) and has some unique design features. The bike is super narrow so the fairing actually moves with the steering. The front suspension setup is just nuts (see videos per link). And then there is the most glaring feature, the front brake. Thats where I came in. I had the privilege of cutting the two pieces of the front brake out of a solid block of aluminum. Oh yea, did I mention that front drum is 16.5 inches in diameter? I will say it again. 16.5 inches in diameter. Aside from the front drum, which is cut on a computer controlled machine (see pics), the rest of the bike is truly hand made. The frame is all welded by Max, the tank and tail are all hand shaped out of metal by Max. The rear sprocket is turned out of a block of aluminum and then polished. It really is an amazing bike when you look past the finished product and think of everything that went into making it happen. Just figured I would share something different than the new ducati coming out or the kawi H2.

That drum:

That little block measures 1x2x3 inches

The non rotating portion of the drum

http://instagram.com/maxwellhazan
Max's instagram has a ton more pictures and videos that I was just too lazy to screenshot and upload to my flickr. Some pretty spectacular work from him is posted there.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Amazing workmanship and cool designs

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Nice Whisky mount. :jsm: :smoking:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as I know he's literally just a guy who started building bikes. I Dont recall him stemming from anywhere. He built some bikes, got attention from them, and the rest is history.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
http://instagram.com/maxwellhazan
Max's instagram has a ton more pictures and videos that I was just too lazy to screenshot and upload to my flickr. Some pretty spectacular work from him is posted there.
Go here friends......and crap your pants. :jsm:

Dahamn, just dahamn! This guy is a genius! Lee Halverson is smiling at this guy's work from Heaven. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts