MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hawaii MANDATES 10% Ethanol in ALL gas

:mad:Hawaii always tries to TREND SET, tried a gasoline cap to regulate prices from the gas companies, now they have mandated 10% ethanol mix in all gas. My SPR is already running lean with 92 Octane, does anyone know if the ethanol mix likely to cause any problems down the line?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
My helicopter loves the stuff! :laughing:

·
Registered
337 Posts
in speaking to a station owner, the federal government is requiring all gasonline to contain this 10% Ethenol. i was riding with a crew a week ago and they filled up their bikes. We got to the first stop light and one guys bike stalled and would not stay started. As we attempted to work on his bike on the side of the road another bike experienced the same thing. My bike has not experienced anything to this degree but i have noticed sometimes when in nuetral and i twist the throttle the RPM's bog before it catches up.

·
Registered
301 Posts
This is what happens when you let morons make laws...... :stickpoke

·
Registered
23 Posts
I havent noticed any performance difference with the ethenol. The only thing I dislike is my wife telling me everytime I come home that I stink from the exhaust from my bike but it was like that before ethenol was in the fuel :D

Also hello from Maui, Hawaii. I believe I am the only mv f4 here and they are a few f4's in oahu. Maybe when the superferry arrives we can get together and ride.

aloha
garett

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
mvmaui - welcome to MVAgusta.net! Glad to see hawaii represented now.

Be sure to get yourself in the registry to get your "dot" added to the map :)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
mvmaui said:
I havent noticed any performance difference with the ethenol. The only thing I dislike is my wife telling me everytime I come home that I stink from the exhaust from my bike but it was like that before ethenol was in the fuel :D

Also hello from Maui, Hawaii. I believe I am the only mv f4 here and they are a few f4's in oahu. Maybe when the superferry arrives we can get together and ride.

aloha
garett
welcome
so glad that you are here
we would LOVE some pictures of you and your bike.... or maybe, just of your hometown

thanks for being here

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
601 Posts
Maui Maui Maui .... I looooooove it. Going there for my 4th time in October to catch some big waves :love:

Love windsurfing and kitesurfing besides riding my MV. And who knows, maybe when I retire in a few years I take my MV and we ride together around the island ! Wow, that Hanna road must be a blast on the F4

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wouldnt ride Hana road. It is almost suicidal to do it fast. The roads are narrow, dirty and drivers often cross lanes becouse so much blind turns and they drive way to fast.
Crater road is where all the bikes go. I will try and get pictures of it. Its riding up Haleakala <a dormant volcano> with beautiful paved roads at the highest elevation on Maui with a unbelievable view. Becouse its all pasture type of land and its winding you can see whats coming up in front of you. I dont race up there but I got lots of friends who do every week.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you know how to adjust the bike? There is no MV dealer in the state so I do all my own oil/filter changes but I dont know the valve adjustments, ect... If anyone ever visits Maui and knows how to do the adjustments maybe they can help me out.

·
Registered
878 Posts
mvmaui said:
I wouldnt ride Hana road. It is almost suicidal to do it fast. The roads are narrow, dirty and drivers often cross lanes becouse so much blind turns and they drive way to fast.
Isn't there a bumper sticker that says: "I survived the road to Hana"!!!
I was trapped there once after a storm that washed the road away...
During storms, the entire roadway turns into one long waterfall ...for miles???

·
Registered
23 Posts
yes that is a popular bumper sticker. Its a long and tedious drive but Hana is well worth it if you want to see what old hawaii looks like. If you love your bike dont ride it to hana. It will be subjected to alot of watered down dirty roads.

·
Registered
878 Posts
JamesC said:
When I lived there it was still dirt and took an entire day to traverse! Back then I can understand the phrase but it seems these days to be a lot less wild.
In the late 80's I was camping at the State Park near Black & Red beaches. When I got to the camp ground that night, I had to sleep in the car as it was pouring by the buckets outside. The next day there were several land slides and the road closed for a few days...I hiked up Seven Pools and all...very beautiful area...I lived of the land while camping around on the islands, with occasional trips to a salad bar!!!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
We have 10% ethanol in our local counties. Been running it forever with no ill effects. Hell, I wish everything would go E85.

·
Registered
601 Posts
you're right, the road to the volcano is much much better. And the view you get once you're up there is awesome. Wish I could take my bike there !!

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts