1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i chose this 06 910S because
it was the silver/red color scheme
had the cat replaced with the thru pipe
the previous owner had gone to the expense of replacing the front calipers with expensive radial brembos which required replacing the fork lowers....another large expense.
he had also installed an ohlins steering damper and bar end fold-able mirrors
also it only had 3k miles

anyway, first thing i did was loosen the chain to the proper tension and secondly loosen the hub bolts to a little less than spec. everything feels smooth back there so i hope it's good for a while.

the front brake was still weak compared to what i've had recently and this was due to the leverage of the master cylinder....the bore and the mechanical leverage. i bought a ducati/brembo radial off ebay with switch, lever and reservoir for 150 bucks and it is perfect. the smaller piston and greater leverage gives better modulation and much less required force at the lever. in fact i wish i had the stock calipers. i think they look better and they're kind of unique among all the brembos.

the on/off throttle snatchiness was a problem for me. totally disrupted my cornering. i bought an eprom from feracci for 150 bucks and after some fiddling with the bypass screws and throttle plate stop and the TPS, the thing runs great.....no more snatchiness, very smooth off the bottom, idles nicely.

the suspension is feeling better and better....i don't think it was broken in when i got it. i just jacked up the ride height a little and that feels better too. seems like i can hold a line better and not run wide

anyway this motorcycle is turning out to be very much to my liking.

this is a great forum. really appreciate all the knowledge on here

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Good post. Keep us informed. I'm sure there are hundreds of people here who would trade stock Brembos for Radial.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I changed the gearing on my 910 from a 43 tooth rear sprocket to a 40 tooth off a f4 1000. The taller gearing took away some of the "snatchiness" of the throttle and widened the steps between gears. It was a major improvement for my riding style.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I like that a guy can fix the snatchy throttle in his garage over the weekend but MV hasn't cracked it in 15 years.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i guess it depends on what you call snatchy. it's way better and actually workable. i would credit ferracci....

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
You have to spend more dollars to get it completely snatch free ,mv probably could not have afforded it. Lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts