MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long story let me put in a timeline. Back in Nov 2009 was having a problem with the clutch engaging espically putting the bike in first then back into neutral. Took the bike to feracci and they replaced the clutch plates and everything was perfect.

Fast forward to current having the same problem again now same issues clutch not fully engaging and difficulty shifting. Took the bike to another dealership trebour and he said he has tried everything slave, master cyclinder, lever etc. Took apart the clutch and said the plates looked larger then they should be. Actually took one plate out and rode the bike said the clutch worked perfectly but was slipping as you rode due to the plate being out. I have asked feracci to forward the orginal recipt with the MV part number to the new dealership however I cant believe that this is the problem due to the fact that the bike ran fine for almost a year and a half. Any ideas out there the bike is a 2004 mv brutale 750s.

Thanks,

Anthony

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
What kind of oil are you using ?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
i think he meant engine oil

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
The fiber plates are compressed to avoid swelling and are impregnated with aluminium particles to reduce wear & heat fade. As long as your using the correct oil I can't think of a reason why they would swell. Unless the plates are defective from the factory for some odd reason.

I'm sure Ferracci soaked them for the allotted time before install and even if they were placed in the basket in the wrong position they still should not swell.

I'm curious to see what others have to say about this :confused:

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
difficult shifting?

do you have the correct freeplay in the lever? it affects slave travel
is the lever adjusted real close to the bar? it affects slave travel

bleed the clutch system, it affects slave travel

still difficult to shift/find neutral? warped plates

:f4::brutale:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The tech at trebour took off the crg lever and went back to stock and bleed the clutch still having the same issues. I guess the only option is to order the new clutch plates fingers crossed this is the last issue.

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
no clutch?

if you're having trouble getting into neutral or shifting......the slave isn't pushing on the pressure plate enough for the clutch to release

adjust the push rod at the lever and lever for max travel
bleed the system
the metal plates are warped
the front seal in the M/C could be worn out and leaking.....its an internal, leak you won't see any fluid

it worked for ~18 months what changed?

:f4::brutale:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree with you thats why I was somewhat frustrated that they did not start there first with bleeding the clutch or looking at the slave. Not only are they the cheapest problem but easy to fix. We will see when I talk to them tomm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts