MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi stopped by Pro Italia last week and they said some recall parts (heat shields) where out of stock. They weren't sure what was going to happen with MV Agusta USA. Anyone know?

·
Administrator
20,341 Posts
Heard the contract with previous distributor (headed by Ferraci's son) had expired and not renewed....contract with a new distributor in the works.....but that's just hearsay....

Obviously some changes are afoot. MV is revamping their distribution all over the globe including the knock down kits in Brazil (tax reasons) and a distributor in China.....

Wish they would hurry up and announce something for the US market.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My understanding is that under their new system the US parts will come out of Italy and bikes from a warehouse in NJ.
I can only hope it works.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I ordered a number of misc. parts for my new-to-me '05 F4 1000 S from Pro Italia earlier this week and about half of them had to be ordered from MV directly. It will be interesting to see if they're available and how long it takes to get them.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Took me 3+ months to get 2 small brackets to mount the belly pan on my Brutale that were left out of the box from MV. Belly pan was fast, but without hardware.

·
Administrator
20,341 Posts
While the US Distributorship is up in the air there is no parts supply in the USA (it was all outsourced to third party logistics months ago)...so, yes, everything is coming from Italy in the near term. Bikes not shipped to dealers that were already in the US are in the same warehouse (wouldn't make sense to send back to Italy).

Why do you think we got those smoking deals on old apparel recently? they were cleaning out the warehouse as part of the out sourcing.......hope we get a new distributor soon!!!!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Doubt very seriously he had the mounting brackets for the 2009 Brutale Challenge Bellypan. Nor would it have been free. I already paid MV. Just saying, they fit in a cd box, very small but important. A little attention to detail and they would have been in the box.

·
Registered
876 Posts
My understanding is that under their new system the US parts will come out of Italy and bikes from a warehouse in NJ.
I can only hope it works.
I was told the same thing at the dealership in Detroit, MI just last week. Until the new system is in place, no telling how long it will take.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Pro Italia just shipped the rest of the misc. parts from my order - so it only took two weeks for them to get my parts. I'm fine with that.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Ducati parts are all shipped from Italy, they don't keep a parts warehouse in the US, haven't for years, works ok for the most part. I got my replacement tank in a couple weeks.

I gave up on getting another MV and bought a 2011 Aprilia RSV4 APRC, sweet bike, bought it from Riders Hill in Dahlonega, thanks Randarossa for the tip, they're good people

Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts