MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have only had my Brutale for a week, and I have to gush. What a machiiiiiiiiiiine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so different from my Hypermotard. MV still has the torque, but the top end is something that does not end. It keeps winding out, until I am "brutally" reminded of my first Formula 1 race, standing by the Montreal fence and experiencing "the shriek" of an engine capable of more than 10K revolutions. And it is so ripping smooth.

The ergos surprised me. I was expecting challenges. But those, ahem...."magic wings" on top of the tank serve a function, and happen to look lovely, indeed. The shape helps you hold on. I do not think I need grip pads on the tank.

I have read a lot about the issues with the throttle. Yes, one has to watch it in slow corners. Too much twist means overrunning a corner, but mine is not that bad. I am worried that going with a new ECU, releasing springs...will actually compromise the edgy character of the beast.

Not too many gripes. The mirrors shake, but I am getting some BBs, expanding foam, and Motovation bar ends. I am getting the new hub as insurance. I am also getting longer pegs for rear brake and clutch levers.

But I am very, very happy with my purchase !

·
Registered
167 Posts
Happy to hear you like it. I almost bought a hypermotard before picking the MV, sounds like I made the right choice.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
the 06 910 will keep you gushing
my only advice is if you keep gushing drink plenty of water

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the 06 910 will keep you gushing
my only advice is if you keep gushing drink plenty of water
The bike decided that it had feelings, too, and it gushed in the garage this morning. I filled her up to the brim after a morning coffee run, and then parked the beast on the sidestand. The tank overflow hose dribbled /gushed a puddle. Could they have put the overflow opening on the right side of the bike?

Ps. I will pass on the fluid advice above. I have some time left on the clock before i need to start buying Depends, and excessive fluid intake before the ride would force the issue.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have only had my Brutale for a week, and I have to gush. What a machiiiiiiiiiiine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so different from my Hypermotard. MV still has the torque, but the top end is something that does not end. It keeps winding out, until I am "brutally" reminded of my first Formula 1 race, standing by the Montreal fence and experiencing "the shriek" of an engine capable of more than 10K revolutions. And it is so ripping smooth.

The ergos surprised me. I was expecting challenges. But those, ahem...."magic wings" on top of the tank serve a function, and happen to look lovely, indeed. The shape helps you hold on. I do not think I need grip pads on the tank.

I have read a lot about the issues with the throttle. Yes, one has to watch it in slow corners. Too much twist means overrunning a corner, but mine is not that bad. I am worried that going with a new ECU, releasing springs...will actually compromise the edgy character of the beast.

Not too many gripes. The mirrors shake, but I am getting some BBs, expanding foam, and Motovation bar ends. I am getting the new hub as insurance. I am also getting longer pegs for rear brake and clutch levers.

But I am very, very happy with my purchase !
Hi mate,

I've had them all, Replacement ECU, Power commander and some custom tweaking with the throttle response. My conclusion after all of that is that the stock twitchy throttle is a quirk of the bike, and I kinda like it. I'm back to stock now, but if you ever want the whole bike re-worked for performance then the X-bikes ECU is good, but saying that the stock beast ain't got nothing to be ashamed about.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
The bike decided that it had feelings, too, and it gushed in the garage this morning. I filled her up to the brim after a morning coffee run, and then parked the beast on the sidestand. The tank overflow hose dribbled /gushed a puddle. Could they have put the overflow opening on the right side of the bike?

Ps. I will pass on the fluid advice above. I have some time left on the clock before i need to start buying Depends, and excessive fluid intake before the ride would force the issue.

Do not fill it any higher/more that the MIN level.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts