MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Yes they did.

The ones that come with the 312R's
Sportmax 209 GP (i think that's what they call them)
Search the forum and you'll find some threads about it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
tyres

hi the tyre debate has been covered a few times dont know if its just the 312r which ive got or all bikes that have the dunlop racers on, they are being changed to dunlop qualyfiers which i believe are a dual compond and and much stickier tyres, my letter came from supplying dealer forza italia near silverstone, that stated the germans when testing the 312 didnt like the tyres behavior os something, it prob only goes on new bikes maybe a year ounder in age as well, cant be sure.
keep a lookout on the meets place on this forum for a meetup of uk mv owners, dont know where yet but maybe it could be peterboughs bike show, shall get opinions later when good weather arrives, maybe even the forza italia dealer at silverstone as they said they would be happy to host it ??:shitfan:

·
Registered
447 Posts
does this mean there will be a recall on tires on my
bike i purchased two weeks ago as they are dunlop
sportmax "gp racing" and what do they mean the germans
didnt like them - or is it a safety issue

steve

·
Administrator
18,841 Posts
I'm not sure there was a recall in the USA (I never heard of one anyway)...sometimes those crazy Euro journalists crash a bike and find a way to blame something other then their own skills...LOL

You should contact Dunlop here in the US for info, or check the NHTSA web site. Any dealer who sold a bike with an open recall campaign in the US would be inviting a lawyer to take all his financial assets away from him.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Does anyone know if Dunlop have recalled any tyres on the F4. If so, which ones. Cheers
The Answer to that is YES

Dunlop are replacing D208 GP RACER (M)

I received a courtisy call from my dealer yesterday (8th January), informing that they would be sending out a letter with regards to this, they also told me it was ONLY for GP RACER, just a matter of taking the bike in and geting them changed, or whipping off the wheels and dropping them in for the change-out.

I thought it was pretty good of my dealer to give me a call and explain the situation before the letter arrived at my door

Not all dealers are bad, I am happy with the service I get from my Scottish dealer

and yes the Dunlops came on my 312R bought in Nov / Dec 2007

·
Registered
447 Posts
i havent heard from my dealer or received any recall
letter (only had bike 2 weeks) so ill contact the dealer
tomorrow
excuse me if i missed this but "why" the recall ?

steve

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
i havent heard from my dealer or received any recall
letter (only had bike 2 weeks) so ill contact the dealer
tomorrow
excuse me if i missed this but "why" the recall ?

steve
steve
PM sent:)

My dealer stated it was not a total recall, but just a precation incase some travel over to germany and reach full 312 speed on the "autoban" over there where there is no speed limit

hope this helps

·
Registered
101 Posts
tyre concerns

hi there, the tyres are not about or will explode in normal use, just that when they were subjected to abuse in high speed runs, i think it was the test in germany thats was featured in performance bikes when they got the 312r around the nurburgh ring, it was the fastest of any bike around at the moment, 7 secs from thge nearest rival, it was something to do with excessive wear i think, but when you get a letter it tells you all in there, as youve only had the bike a few weeks, it would take a while to get it registered on file and then send out the letters, but how long did the dealer have the bike in ? i would have thought they might have known. still they need changing ive seen elswhere overseas that they did a recal ?:conveyer:

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spoke to Dunlop UK this morning, they are replacing with Dunlop Sportmax Qualifier RR, which is the ones I intended to buy. The write up on these tyres are fantastic!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Spoke to Dunlop UK this morning, they are replacing with Dunlop Sportmax Qualifier RR, which is the ones I intended to buy. The write up on these tyres are fantastic!
They replaced mine with the Qualifiers too.

But for street use i thin i liked the recalled ones a tiny bit better because they heated up faster (not sure, but that's my experience)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I spoke to a chap at dunlop mid december and he said he would be contacting my dealer (red dog) that day about the tyre swap. Ive heard nothing from the dealer. I also contacted 3 cross and the guy there seemed to think this was chassis number specific.
Ive heard nothing so perhaps it is ????

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I spoke to a chap at dunlop mid december and he said he would be contacting my dealer (red dog) that day about the tyre swap. Ive heard nothing from the dealer. I also contacted 3 cross and the guy there seemed to think this was chassis number specific.
Ive heard nothing so perhaps it is ????

Well the guy at Dunlop UK, technical dept knew all about it.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Heres the letter !

I know this letter has the date august 2007, but its still being sent out to dealers, I received this 2 weeks ago from my local dealer inviting me for a change of tyres

·
Registered
447 Posts
i emailed mv agusta usa today with vin # and copy
of letter (sent from a friend in uk) and ill advise back what
reply i get

steve

·
Registered
447 Posts
i also sent a copy of the letter to my mv dealer
and he says they havent heard or seen anything