MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
20,423 Posts
I'm going to let Randy answer this one. Now, he didn't sell an F4 to get the Brutale, just skipped that part all together....should be obvious why....just look at his avatar.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
:popcorn::popcorn:

I have an F4, then got a brutale. Two different bikes IMO. I guess if the F4 hurts your back for some reason and you love MV, brutale would do just fine. If you love both, get both :yo:

·
Registered
197 Posts
I did what Randy did. Went straight to a Brutale! I love the F4's I just knew that he riding position was just way too radical for me. Plus I absolutely LOVE the way the Brute looks!

Phil :brutale:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sorry, can't help it but will stick to F4, Brutale headlight reminds me of a hanging tit:grin:

·
Registered
215 Posts
always loved the f4, but after several broken bones including two broken wrists, i had to go for the brutale, always loved the m.v's since i started riding, but realized after accidents couldn't ride a sports type bike,(f4) but love the brutale now wouldn't change it for the would. but in summary my first love was the f4.:blah:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Tell me when you guys are ready for me to weigh in on this.....:smoking:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, lots of replies in just a day and a half. Reason I asked in the first place is because I have an 06 F4S and I am going to have to give it up. It has been at the dealer for 4 months for a blipping issue below 3k RPM. And after tons of parts replaced, hundreds of test miles, and the F4 being disassembled and reassembled numerous times I dont want it anymore. Looks like MV USA is going to buy it back.

I rarely drove it to begin with since it was such a rare and uncomfortable bike but still love the MV look. The Brutale is alot more comfortable and I would use it more often.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
The 910R is nearly as fast, just as quick (thanks to gearing), and has better suspension and brakes than your F4S.
Get the Brute, you'll love it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
fazer6, You are right the brakes and suspension are better than the 05-06 F4S. I think the 910R more resembles the F4R and 312. Do you know if the Brutale has the dual radiator like my F4S had. Does the 910R and 910S have dual radiators.

Also, you mentioned the gearing is a little different on the Brutale. Do you know if they have changed individual gear ratios and/or the final gear ratio?

Thanks for dealing with all my questions. Just trying to get enough info as I can before making a next bike decision.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
C'mon you old buzzard. Give them the benefit of your AGE and experience. Personally I can't wait for the pathetically feeble excuse you have for going to a Brutale rather than the King, the F4.

·
Registered
198 Posts
How about AMA pro roadracer back in the day ('70's - you do the math), 2 lower back surgeries, 1 neck surgery, 1 shoulder surgery, multiple knee surgeries and an ankle surgery since. Been a litt;e hard on the old bod and it just doesn't bend like it used to. Brutes rule!

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Walla,

Impressive background and record. I don't blame you one bit. No pain-no gain and all that. I have the usual lousy problems from age with my bod but still ride my F4. Just not for very long or as agressively as most. However I don't even come close to being what you are/were, and I envy you for it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts