1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
922 Posts
I 'removed' it as per FAQ. Benefits? My forearm/wrist is saved from pain. And throttle is easier to control, as one would expect. Good mod, and one that you can undo if you want it back to stock, I think.

·
Registered
156 Posts
spalding12 said:
i know that one of the throttle return springs is READILY ACCESSIBLE on the Brutale.... i have read James' Blog about this issue. i TRULY feel that most of the MY problem with the hand pain after long rides is based here.

has ANYONE removed that spring on his/her Brutale?
care to comment about it?

thanks in advance
i removed it on my f41000r great mod do it

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I just did mine last week after 6500mi with it and it is a big inprovement

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just got turned on to that mod by Airfuel yesterday. Did it last night and just went for a blast. Man is my acupuncturist is going to be bummed as I don't think I will be needing more carpal tunnel treatments any time soon.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Yes, more like pry, and it got loose and out of the way.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Greg, WE all love you but I`m not going to be the one to talk you into putting your first tool to your bike. It is nothing to be afarid of and it works great.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
281 Posts
Removed mine some time ago. Benefit was obvious but I have long since forgotten the experience prior to the procedure. YOU don't have to worry about the throttle getting jammed (IMO). Remember, you can force it closed with your hand, as there are two cables connected to the throttle; one for open and one for close...

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
922 Posts
Greg, the spring mod is truly no sweat.

Just get a pair of needlenose pliers, and while you're stroking it, think of all the pleasure you'll get without a sore throttle hand. Then think of winning the bedroom TT with the improved throttle action, then imagine all the admiring posts you'll get from forum members who'd love to have the lusty performance you do, but have not done the mod yet...

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dearpixel said:
Greg, the spring mod is truly no sweat.

Just get a pair of needlenose pliers, and while you're stroking it, think of all the pleasure you'll get without a sore throttle hand. Then think of winning the bedroom TT with the improved throttle action, then imagine all the admiring posts you'll get from forum members who'd love to have the lusty performance you do, but have not done the mod yet...
what a great post... hysterical.....

i SHOULD tell you that the ONLY reason i haven't done it yet.... is because i'm LEFT-HANDED... and my aching RIGHT throttle hand has NOT affected my bedroom stroking abilities (which already sucked..... :) )

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
And Greg, keep the needelnose pliers out of the bedroom :laughing:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
119 Posts
Greg I did mine last night after reading this thread. Use a very small straight slot screwdriver to lift up the straight section of the spring and holding it up grab the spring with your needle nose pliers. Just pull it towards you until it clears the stop and let it go. Done! It takes longer to get the tools than it does to do the job. It’s a very noticeable difference just like everyone has said.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I also did this over the weekend, I found it easier to use a flat head screwdriver to pull the hook end of the spring back and to push it behind what it was attached to.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 20 Posts