MV Agusta Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, my apologies if this is not the most appropriate place to post this questions. I am a newb but could not find a better place.

There is a 2005 F4 with only 1600 miles for sale at a place called Luxury Ride in Studio City, CA. Here is the link: http://luxuryandunique.com/2005-Mv-Agusta-F4-F1000-Volte-Champione-California-91604/5196507

I talked to the guy there today. He said that it "has been down" and has minor cosmetic damage. It has a salvage title because the insurance company called it a total loss. He claims the only mechanical problems are a bent rear brake pedal and it "needs an alternator".

I told him he is on crack for listing it at $8900--he said that is the price he was going to sell it for after he got everything repaired. He stated that he was entertaining an offer of $7500 in as-is condition from another guy. I told him that $6500 seemed more reasonable and he said that he would consider it.

Has anyone out there had a chance to look at this bike? Or, is there anyone in the area willing to stop by and look at it? If so, please contact me:

--Scott
[email protected]
602-730-one-two-six-two

·
Old Wing Nut
22,192 Posts
Must have already replaced some of the damage. I see the left fairing is a hole cut for a frame slider, but the right side doesn't.....and the tail has rash on the left side. Salvage title probably means frame rash under those new/used fairing panels.?

Someone in Canada just bought a pristine example with lower miles....here's the post..

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=114849

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
sub frame is probably tweaked, look at the indicators in the 4th picture

:popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
sub frame is probably tweaked, look at the indicators in the 4th picture

:popcorn:
I don't think so Noel, it takes a hell of a big impact to bend that sub-frame, I have never bent one.

·
Registered
132 Posts
FWIW, as someone who has experienced this first hand, the frame does 'poke' through the side fairings pretty easily if you lay an F4 down. Once the metal then makes contact with asphalt and gets scraped, a policy holder is typically eligible/entitled to a new frame since the damage described really can't be repaired. This then immediately leads to a total loss declaration, even though the frame is typically not substantively damaged and the bike usually has only cosmetic issues which are pretty easily repaired. The seller's story might be accurate.

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Donsy;

there are 2 bent ones on Ebay right now.....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...+frame.TRS0&_nkw=mv+agusta+sub+frame&_sacat=0

and since I started stamping VIN numbers on frames I built in the early '70s

i've fixed 100+ race and track bike sub frames as a fabricator....

25 ton press, big steel table, lots of clamps, a Port-a-Power, band saw and a big TIG machine......got real good at fixing Gixxers :naughty:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses, guy.

Cobraking00--regarding your comment about this dealerships reputation, I was worried about that very thing. They appear to be one of these one-shot corner dealers that have "EZ Financing" where "You Job is Your Credit!". Anyway, since I am in Phoenix AZ and cannot stop by and take a look at the bike myself, I think I am going to cross it off the list of options and move onto something else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.