1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
822 Posts
When you say deteriorating, what exactly do you mean? In less than a month mine has started to change colors, and just like you, no one has sat on it yet and I keep the bike indoors as well.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Greg, totally agree. Without even touching the seat these weird marks started materializing. It looks dirty or worn out. I use a backpack sometimes and it must "scratch" it. Even the slightest contact seems to create issues. No other explanation for the advanced deterioration. That being said...I haven't done anything about it :rant:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some Guy said:
When you say deteriorating, what exactly do you mean? In less than a month mine has started to change colors, and just like you, no one has sat on it yet and I keep the bike indoors as well.
i mean that:
1. it is pitted
2. it is discolors
3. it looks like it's been scratched

and all 3 of the above issues are of a PROGRESSIVE nature

seriously....
that pillion seat isn't worthy to be on a $4,995.00 bike :jsm:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MVorBMW said:
Greg, totally agree. Without even touching the seat these weird marks started materializing. It looks dirty or worn out. I use a backpack sometimes and it must "scratch" it. Even the slightest contact seems to create issues. No other explanation for the advanced deterioration. That being said...I haven't done anything about it :rant:
i'll start inquiring tomorrow
i know that ALEX reads this forum and i hope he sees this thread

the bike is 100% first quality.... but, the pillion seat's cover is crap
i really can't think of a nicer word to use

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
77 Posts
i am currently trying to get the warranty activated on my (new to me) bike. its an 05 750 first purchased by its original owner in the end of may 06, i dont believe he registered the bike as it was purchased at Motofixx in CT probably around the time they disapeared. does any one know what steps i should take to have my warranty transferred?

the vinyl on the rider seat is detaching from the foam material underneath and has made a big 4 inch wide bubble. i would like to think a new seat would be in order as its clearly a defect. what do you guys/gals think? and how can i go about getting a replacement?

thanks in advance-maire

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Tony don`t you remember the funky grey/silver color on John`s? It acted chalky when you touch it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
cdamb said:
Tony don`t you remember the funky grey/silver color on John`s? It acted chalky when you touch it.
No, I honestly don't remember that.
But then again, I have severe short term memory problems :crazyeyes

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
spankee said:
i am currently trying to get the warranty activated on my (new to me) bike. its an 05 750 first purchased by its original owner in the end of may 06, i dont believe he registered the bike as it was purchased at Motofixx in CT probably around the time they disapeared. does any one know what steps i should take to have my warranty transferred?

the vinyl on the rider seat is detaching from the foam material underneath and has made a big 4 inch wide bubble. i would like to think a new seat would be in order as its clearly a defect. what do you guys/gals think? and how can i go about getting a replacement?

thanks in advance-maire
of course, the replacements will be no different and probably start to degrade almost immediately, as well

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
They replaced my driver seat when it got a bubble in it within the first 1000 mi. along with the water pump.

·
Registered
822 Posts
spalding12 said:
i mean that:
1. it is pitted
2. it is discolors
3. it looks like it's been scratched

and all 3 of the above issues are of a PROGRESSIVE nature

seriously....
that pillion seat isn't worthy to be on a $4,995.00 bike :jsm:
Yeah, mine is discolored, it almost looks like oil marks or something. Does anyone know if the Gladio seat is real leather? I think it would look hot on the 910R. I am going to call my dealer and make them aware of it, but I'm not going to rush to bring them the bike, next service.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I had a 750 before the R and the pillion was fine. But the main seat had that bubbling issue and it was replaced. The primary seat on the R is great but the pillion is truly defective. I'm not sure what kind of material it is...great color with the bike before it deteriorates.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some Guy said:
Yeah, mine is discolored, it almost looks like oil marks or something. Does anyone know if the Gladio seat is real leather? I think it would look hot on the 910R. I am going to call my dealer and make them aware of it, but I'm not going to rush to bring them the bike, next service.
i don't know if any bike comes with a real leather seat......
not bmw
not h-d
no one

but.... the 910R seat.... at least that of the pillion.... is the worst material i've EVER seen

but.....
the bike is freakin' awesome and it shouldn't really matter

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MVorBMW said:
I had a 750 before the R and the pillion was fine. But the main seat had that bubbling issue and it was replaced. The primary seat on the R is great but the pillion is truly defective. I'm not sure what kind of material it is...great color with the bike before it deteriorates.
but.....
and here's the big question......

is the replacement any better or is it the same crap as the original?
have they even taken the time to make a better seat.... or will i just have to replace mine 4 times/year. :jsm:

·
Registered
281 Posts
I replaced mine - I think that I mentioned this in another thread... The original looked pretty messed up even on the showroom floor and they agreed to replace when I purchased the bike. The new seat came less discolored but it is not clean.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mine looks as if someone has tried to give it a granite appearence, with a slightly chalky white byproduct. It would appear that the original material was`a`different color and they are for some reason dying the vinyl (which wears off when you look at it) as`opposed to sourcing new in the proper color. Does anyone have a perfect R pillion?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I remember seeing seat covers available in an MV catalog--replacements. Even for the Gladio. My pillion is ok but my main seat had two marks on it new and I'm a little disappointed with the wear.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts