MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I even think it would be legal as there are Harleys and, I think, Triumphs that have two brake lights that double as turn sigs.
Any EE's in the house?
Could probably be a product people would buy. I know I would.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just curious, are there any other countries that allow brake lights to double as turn indicators? Not legal over here in Oz.
I remember hiring a Mustang in Hawai'i and it had blinking brake lights as turn signals but over here all Mustangs have the yellow turn signals.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Legal in NZ to have Red turn signals....

·
Administrator
18,824 Posts
Many cars have, or used to have, 2 filament taillight bulbs where one filament was the tail light and one was the turn signal and brake light combined. The key being the side that is not blinking serves as the brake light when turn signals are on.
Most trailers still use the 2 filament bulbs even though cars have gone to separate function tail lights. There are adapters for 4 wire trailers to make the trailer lights work with those cars. You should be able to adapt one to work on your bike.
I used one to get the 2 wire LED tail lights on a custom bagger motorcycle to work recently.
Here is an example:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many cars have, or used to have, 2 filament taillight bulbs where one filament was the tail light and one was the turn signal and brake light combined. The key being the side that is not blinking serves as the brake light when turn signals are on.
Most trailers still use the 2 filament bulbs even though cars have gone to separate function tail lights. There are adapters for 4 wire trailers to make the trailer lights work with those cars. You should be able to adapt one to work on your bike.
I used one to get the 2 wire LED tail lights on a custom bagger motorcycle to work recently.
Here is an example:
View attachment 475616
Great idea! Now I just have get the nerve to start cutting into harnesses (preferably on the light end).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts