MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, has anyone experienced a situation when in 3rd gear and only in 3rd gear, it feels like the throttle doesn't respond at all.

I don't think it's mechanical, but more like an electrical issue.

Whenever this happens, if I shift up or down then go back to 3rd, everything is back to normal again.

I have the 2014 with the latest map, btw.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i experience this time to time in 3rd or 4th gear in lower rpm, cruising or decel to around 4k rpm and then when i try to get on the throttle, there is nothing and then a surge.

i wish i could help, its sporatic though and i find it typically on sport mode, nothing on normal mode so far.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Same here unresponsive from time to time in 3rd and 4th at lower rpms. Then a surge. It used to be way more frequent with the older maps, now its less often. seems to happen more on sport mode but it still happens in normal as well. Hard to pin down the problem because of its randomness.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yup, same here in 3rd or 4th. Sometimes I can peg the throttle back for over a second and nothing happens. It has gotten better with the latest map.

In addition I'm having hard starting problems when hot or cold. This just started recently. Yes, my sprag clutch has been replaced.

Oh, and my tank is starting to bubble because of ethanol gas. I just want to ride the damn thing, not worry about whether it's going to fall apart.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yea this happens to me as well, more glitches in the riding maps? Maybe another software update is needed? I find it only happens to me on the more spirited runs like through the hills etc.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this doesn't happen often enough that it bother's me, but plan to note its symptoms as well as when it's most likely to happen, and report it to my MV dealer next time I stop by.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have the 2013 F4 but this happened to me as well the other day. Same situation with it being in sport mode, low RPMs, and in 3rd or 4th gear. First time I've ever noticed it and it only happened three or four times through the day of a tank and a half of riding.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem, just on third never second or fourth. I noticed it in midrange. I first blamed the traction control, adjusted it. Nothing happened.
It came in the same curve, same speed, allways on third. (I was visiting the local racetrack)
It's a left to right and then downhill combination, I continued first thinking it was another issue with the rebound, it wasn't. Then i blamed the tires and adjusted my path, not to cross the slippery curbs. Still the same reaction, like the throttle wire was made of rubber. I had until then belived it was the real wheel spinning.
When I tried in second gear, the bike didn't protest. No more hesitasion. If it was a grip problem I would have known it by then.
I think it commes from the engine mapping, I got a new map few days before it appeared. I have been on the same racetrack before they re-mapped it and didn't notice anything abnormal.
I have never noticed it on the road, but i normaly use "N" or "R" on the road and "S" on the track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts