MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know, maybe it is just me, but it is hard fir me to believe the tiny Italian company produced,by themselves, something like an engine bearing. I want to believe that they got a 'big 4' peice off the shelf and once they got rolling they just went to the source themselves. I am gonna see if any of the other clamshell are a direct match for the 07' 1000 cranks.

IN THE NAME OF LONGEVITY AND SLOW ITALIAN SERVICE! JOIN ME IN THE GREAT CROSSOVER CRUSADES!!!!!!

(I promise I am sober)

TreeMV

·
Administrator
20,056 Posts
I would bet they bought a catalog part....BUT, they may also have had a company build them to their specification, and are NOT a catalog item.

Good luck on your quest !!!

·
Super Moderator
22,472 Posts
Reactions: esq'z me

·
Vendor
5,367 Posts
I have had this issue with certain parts.MV have the parts made under license which make the parts unavailable to the public through MV suppliers.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
?

MV parts?
just off the top of my head....

I have hub parts.....MV doesn't sell them
we know the starter solenoid is the same as a Yamaha
oil pressure switch is a GM part
we have a part# for the Beru stick coils
the best oil filter (1st Gen) Purolator PL-14612
the other sensors should be available you just have to search
Öhlins shock springs work
HotCams has valve shim kits
starters are ND......keep the rear cover probably MV specific
alternator is ND car unit.....go to an automotive electrical shop
TPS sensors come from the HD dealer $40

if it says CRC on it...... probably dealer part

:popcorn:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your the bomb Knurl
Can we get a post it for this?? (Or is this already done??)
I just would like an easy way to quick reference stuff like Knurl (or whomever else) put up.

04' Suzuki gsxr 1000 bearing in route (it seemed like the logical choice due to engine performance type. Should this fail then also, then honda then yami.....)

TreeMV

·
Administrator
20,056 Posts
They have same crank journal OD, con-rod ID and width?....guess that should have been easy to figure out.

You know Suzuki has bearing kits for engine rebuilds with enough of all the thickness choices so you can plastigauge and select the right ones while building an engine without having to stop and order more parts.

The dealer can order the kit for a $500 deposit, with 60 day deferred billing, use what he needs, and return the kit for credit less the cost of what he used.

Maybe you could get your Suzuki dealer to get a kit for you??

By the way, none of the other manufacturers offer this.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hey 'Sq'z
I haven't measured any GSXR journals
I was just 'starting' with the GSXR bearing.
My logic was the GSXR had similar engine build to MV (this is solely based on engine performance), so I could swing the cost of one bearing to see if I am right or wrong :).

·
Administrator
20,056 Posts
I can get you the specs if you want.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
?

Tree;
the case bore size codes are stamped on the cases, I haven't seen the sizes in the

manuals, you'll need that number and the journal size and preferred oil clearance and

bearing width......

then email Clevite Bearings

:popcorn:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'm sorry. I really wasn't paying attention, I was still staring at you avatar :(

Ok
2004 gsxr 1000 is a bust. It wasn't 'exactly' right on any of the bearings. I am gonna try a Gen 1 Busa next.
Knurl, I am not ignoring you, I am just skipping the scientific and going for brute force research here. You................ sorry, I got caught by a glimpse of your avatars again :(
Your still on my shoulder there Jimminie Cricket ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts