MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
After seeing that the decat mid pipes are around $400i decided to take the cheap way out and beat all the insides of my cat out with a screwdriver and curved pry bar . It was a pain but worth it and saved money. Has anyone else taken the cheap way out?
We call that bush mechanics in New Zealand. There are other terms but they are not as nice.

·
Registered
49 Posts
And yes, too.

The most difficult was to remove the cell (2 hours), especially because it was "welded" by use to the upper part (manifold side, not exhaust side).
My advice is to cut larger than in these pics (in red)

Attachments

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
?

well George if you had 5 cat freaks in your neighborhood........leaving cat food in everyones yards.......

and an asshole neighbor with ~70 FERAL cats you might see it a little differently

constant fighting cats day and night
piles of dead kittens
mating calls around the clock
and cats constantly trying to shit in my flower pots on the balcony and knocking the pots off

did I mention legions of fleas??????

bet I spent $75 on Malathion

and the time and money I spent trapping the POS to turn them over to animal control....sometimes they came by 3 times a DAY

and the food left out for dogs and cats brought RATS et al

a couple of boxes of .22 shells solved the problem

:drummer:

·
Registered
619 Posts
I bought a cat delete pipe....

Now as for Cats, I have shot plenty of feral cats and dogs , with and without collars, when the dogs attack mine and friends hounds. They meet Mr. .270 and Ms.38 super.

And yes I actually have cats and dogs, that do not run wild.

Ed S :)

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have the MV Corse full ti exhaust. I realllly want to do this...but need to find a local welder that can do it.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
I don't know. It is the Ti system, but seems to have the bulge. If I get of my arse tomorrow, I will take a pic.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
I don't know. It is the Ti system, but seems to have the bulge. If I get of my arse tomorrow, I will take a pic.
I've never seen a Ti system for that generation MV with a cat in it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts