MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They used to be a sponsor here.

I put in an order on or around the 14th of April and have not heard anything. Wondering if they are legit.

·
Administrator
20,376 Posts
Well...they have been around with no real complaints (other than shipping cost) for quite a few years. Can't imagine anything changing. Not a fly-by-night kind of operation.

Did you try contacting them? Sometimes they have to wait for deliveries themselves.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I had good results when I used them. It was about 2 weeks after payment that I reached out to them to get an update on the status of my order. They replied within 1-2 business days and my parts arrived about a week after that.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
keep in mind it takes generally 10 days travel time to the US from moment of shipment. Before that add a week or so for them to consolidate/place orders, receive and pack... you should get your order soon.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I've ordered from them with good results in the past, but also been screwed once after the parts never became available. I'm fairly certain I never received a refund for the backordered shipment but it was a minuscule amount and I forgot about it until now.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Bought from them in the last 12 months and all was fine, about 10 days total to UK. Did some returns too for a wrong part and it was all sorted efficiently

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I bought from them a year ago and had no issues. I did however send them an inquiry by email last week and haven't received a response yet.

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Used on many occasions - I would however say the most responsive of recent times has been Evolutionbike.it - they've been very good !

Reactions: PTsalas

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought from them a year ago and had no issues. I did however send them an inquiry by email last week and haven't received a response yet.
Ok. I do know that there was an Australian Holiday - Memorial Day and they usually take two weeks for that but Sunday night USA time should've been enough time to see the two emails I sent.

Ok. I will be patient then. I've always gotten the impression that they were a decent company so we'll see what happens. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks everyone for the input.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Used on many occasions - I would however say the most responsive of recent times has been Evolutionbike.it - they've been very good !
Agree 100% on Evolutionbike being excellent. Susana even responds the same day sometimes. Their shipping prices have also been the most reasonable.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Used on many occasions, i have actually been to their shop a few times. They are nice guy's. Their engineers and parts are top notch but their sales and communication is a bit rusty sometimes. I usually give them a call after placing an order to speed up things. They are definitely legit.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Only used them once, no problems apart from quite long delivery time, and a bit expensive on the shipping .. I mean: $21 to ship one clutch lever inside the EU --

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Not in relation to Star Twin, however I have contacted a few suppliers directly and ask them for sharper pricing on shipping - most have actually been pretty good (especially when shipping a smallish part)....maybe ask ?

Reactions: Robbedoes

·
Registered
847 Posts
Not in relation to Star Twin, however I have contacted a few suppliers directly and ask them for sharper pricing on shipping - most have actually been pretty good (especially when shipping a smallish part)....maybe ask ?

Done that too! Ask for parcel post, instead of DHL etc.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just wanted to update this thread. I found out what the problem was. GMAIL forwarded Star Twin's reply's to the SPAM folder which is unusual since it was a reply to an email I actually sent. I'm going to report that to Google because that could've been disastrous.

All is well then. Star Twin has responded and is following up on my order.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts