1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
187 Posts
You are absolutely right Greg. I have new grips on order, will report back when they arrive. The manufacturer is MOMO in Italy and they are quite a bit thicker than the stock ones.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
774 Posts
Sorry, but I do not agree.

I've put the Rizoma grips (same as the pics above) on my 910, and I don't like them. I feel to much vibrations and rubber is to hard for me. So I put the factory one back.

They are small, that's true, but much more smooth. It's also true that I have small hands (6 1/2).

No opinion about the momo's.

Just personnal feeling.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well....
funny thing you should mention that.....
i just got back from my dealer, to pick up my 910R after service (see my new thread with the matris M4R pictures).....
the are going to order the RIZOMA grips for me

before i left, i purchased a $14.95 neoprene grip cover pair
i put them on and road the 30 miles home
larger grips....
no vibration
neoprene isn't as STICKY as the originals, of course

i think my hands may have hurt MORE...
i think it is TIME that i REMOVED that throttle return spring we USED to talk about around here

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
822 Posts
spalding12 said:
i appreciate all this info
the standard grips won't work for me... and my hands aren't that large
i have NO idea why they are so small... they are made for kids

thanks again

Its possible that the grips are so small to reduce the amount of strength needed for clutch and brake use. Harley did that exact thing 2 years ago on several models, and it does work. If you clutch is a firm pull now, it will increade with a larger diameter grip.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i really don't see the issue with the grips...other then vibration.

Seat annoys me a lot more...my butt is sore after 30 mile of cruising..

·
Registered
281 Posts
ks9mm said:
i really don't see the issue with the grips...other then vibration.
Seat annoys me a lot more...my butt is sore after 30 mile of cruising..
I honestly did not notice the grip size. It may be that my S3 grips are small, as well. My glove size is L to XL, so I would expect to notice....

I am not bothered by the seat either but people say I am a hard ass at work, so... ;-)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some Guy said:
Its possible that the grips are so small to reduce the amount of strength needed for clutch and brake use. Harley did that exact thing 2 years ago on several models, and it does work. If you clutch is a firm pull now, it will increade with a larger diameter grip.
honestly, i had NOT thought of that before... but, i can tell you from TODAY'S PERSONAL EXPERIENCE... that you are VERY correct

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have the Rizoma grips and I don´t really feel that difference about vibrations...but let me tell you what happen to mine. The rubber breakes after no more than a year. It's a shame I haven't got any pictures, but I had to glue them, and turn the glued part to the bottom, so you don´t realize it's damaged. From my experience, don't get the Rizoma...try the Momo...they look great, or De Pretto Moto...also italian made and with a great look.

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
only time my hands hurt like that is on a faired bike where my body pushed me forward onto the bars,but yes hands do go numb a little,my biggest issue with the 910R at the moment is the mirrors,ive got some rizo`s on order from emoto,cant wait, stock ones are useless going to end up nicked by the police for speeding soon if i cant see behind me to see what cars are behind.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hola Ferroman,

Almost bought the Rizomas until I saw your post. This forum is invaluable for doing research, at the expense of a few test subjects of course.
Looked at the momo grips and looks like the only ones in 22mm are the carbon and composites. The other models which I like better, the twin for instance, say 25.5mm min. Will these not work on the MV? Also how do you fit bar end weights to these?

Saludos de USA

·
Registered
803 Posts
Would USA aftermarket grips work? Don't see why they wouldn't.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts