MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am interested in hearing from anyone that has add extra teeth to the rear sprocket on a 2013 F4 1000. I am thinking about adding an extra 2 teeth to my rear sprocket for better lower Rev drivability.
opinions please.
Clay

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am interested in hearing from anyone that has add extra teeth to the rear sprocket on a 2013 F4 1000. I am thinking about adding an extra 2 teeth to my rear sprocket for better lower Rev drivability.
opinions please.
Clay

·
Registered
938 Posts
On my 2013 F4 I added a 44 tooth rear (+3) and switched to a 520 pitch while I was at it. It was a good move. When I save up a little I'll alter the gearing on my 2012 F4R too.
Since the 2013+ has speed sensor rings on the wheels it didn't alter the speedo much (5% off @ 100mph).
I wouldn't worry too much about making the revs too high, I find that I'm rarely out of 3rd gear on my 2012 unless I'm on the freeway. I like to keep the rpms at 6000-7000 so that instant acceleration is always at the ready.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry Donsy
I just didn't know the best category of the forum to put my question in

I will stop putting my questions in multiple places

Sorry mate.

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
No need to apologise Clay, just be patient, sometimes it takes a while for guys to repond. There's another guy here in WA who's done the same on his new F4 RR and he likes it that way for town riding and wheelie's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts