MV Agusta Forum banner
21 - 40 of 131 Posts
Didn't i tell you so on May 13th while everybody was talkin' about Tata ?....and nobody wanted to believe me then.

We're talking to MV Agusta on a pretty regular basis.
We'll have more news for you guys ;-)

***************************************************************************************
"Quote:
Originally Posted by khameron on May 13th
MV Agusta will be bought by Harley Davidson...don't laugh! You shall remember this post when it will happen. :D

Randosa
OK, Jay, I'm not laughing....but what, pray tell, have you been smokin? Where did you get this idea?"

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16499&page=3

***************************************************************************************

I do not buy strawberry ice cream and would not buy a curerent HD. But clearly, I see some HDs that are appealing and I do have a riding partner who rides a HD. I like him, though his bike is not my cup of tea. But be clear, those riding HDs are motorcyclists like us and love the pleasure derived from the activity.

It's time to get out of our entrenched ways of thinking and being, and be more tolerant and accepting of those different than us. A political message for sure...but one I think is GOOD.

Peter

I agree they are motorcyclists they still have the passion just different means.

I vote good deal on the HD to buy MV.

HD know a thing or two about marketing. /quote]

Master of the understatement, eh Craig? Yeah, and Eric Clapton can play guitar, right Mate?

It's a ******* revolution! They're taking over!

Finally I'll be able to get an all chrome Brutale, tho! (jk!)
Yeah buddy!!! And what's wrong with chrome motorcycles?

Come on bud, don't get Randy all excited. :stickpoke :)
Just think......Softale Brutail (think about the spelling :)) .... Fatboy F4......Dynagusta.....MVRod....TamboGlide...Ultra Veltro Classic....Sennaster XLCH.....Senna Wide Glide....

There is very old connection between CC and Harley Davinson. In the 80s, HD had establish a business sector in Italy, producing 1 cylinder enduros for the European market, but they didn't succeed. CC and his brother bought that business and established CAGIVA.

PS I don’t remember the Brand name of these HD endures. Maybe someone helps

HD acquisitions

And let's not forget that last year, there were discussions between HD and Ducati about a merger. It turns out that, (in the USA at least), the market demographics are surprisingly similar. I forget the exact numbers, but the article I read claimed that something like 40% of USA Ducati owners also own/ed a HD. I'm sure the percentge of HD owners who also own a Ducati or MV is much lower. In any case, it would seem that HD is Hell-bent on acquiring an Italian sportbike manufacturer.

I'd rather see MV and Ducati fly on their own, but if they're gonna get cash from somebody, better HD than KawaHondaYamaSuzuki.

Just my opinion.

Elton

HD is the right thing, because they have no similar bike as Agusta, apart from Ducati that is a direct contender.
HD could invest and let Italians do their job(building a sport bikes) and HD continues working...eee...ehmm...well HD's.

As much as I hate to admit it, Harley Riders aren't much different from us MV riders.

Many of your Harley Riders ride Harley's because of the heritage and the brand. You can get "more bike for your money", much like we typically hear when riders talk about MVs. Also, were looked at as elitest assholes, much like some Harley riders are as well. But, many people still oogle over the respective brands as they're considered the "elite" brands.

There's not much different between the riders. Yeah, in terms of cruiser or sportbike, but when it boils down, there's not much...well, besides the obvius debt issue. I think Harley will be smart, and market the MV brand just like it currently is, but to an exponentially higher level to keep it's exclusivity. The marketing team at Harley are arguably the best in the biz and could likely do some magic with MV....

21 - 40 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.