MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..........deep breath.......oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

·
Registered
756 Posts
:wtf:

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I would rather have TATA owning the MV than Harley...ugh! Just because its Harley! TATA cant do any worse than CC has :p

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Harley is a very successful mc company. I would deem such an aquisition as a good business deal for BOTH parties.

I can envision a WILD hybrid cruiser designed by M. Tamburini that I would be at the front of the line to buy.

Peter

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Actually a big infusion of Harley cash would be a good thing. Regardless of what you think of the bike, their current business model works very well. Add to that the vast dealer network and it may be all good.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
HD know a thing or two about marketing. I think it would work.

**Climbs into flamesuit to await attacks**

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I realize what yall are saying and I do agree I just cant get over my illogical dislike of all Harley bikes lol. Now if Ducati took over MV...

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
HD know a thing or two about marketing. I think it would work.

**Climbs into flamesuit to await attacks**

I agree with this. mostly.

I guess it depends on what you define 'would work'.

I don't want MV to go under. But I guess the elitist in me doesn't want it to be mainstream necessarily either.....

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I do not buy strawberry ice cream and would not buy a curerent HD. But clearly, I see some HDs that are appealing and I do have a riding partner who rides a HD. I like him, though his bike is not my cup of tea. But be clear, those riding HDs are motorcyclists like us and love the pleasure derived from the activity.

It's time to get out of our entrenched ways of thinking and being, and be more tolerant and accepting of those different than us. A political message for sure...but one I think is GOOD.

Peter

·
Registered
161 Posts
i would rather tata over harley just because it is harley.. and in terms of their stable business model they are having their worst year in decades and losing money no? i buy strawberry ice cream but i would not buy a harley!

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Actually a big infusion of Harley cash would be a good thing. Regardless of what you think of the bike, their current business model works very well. Add to that the vast dealer network and it may be all good.
I'm not sure how much cash they have. The balance sheet doesn't look to good which is reflected in the stock price.

Having said that, they are not stupid over there. I knew when my wife's gynocologist stopped shaving on weekends and bought a Harley the whole outlaw, rebel, free spirit thing was over.

I think the growth for the next 10 years at least is going to be sport bikes. I bet HD thinks that too.

CAG

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
O.K. let me put it this way. Would a harley rider appreciate Honda buying Harley Davidson? Do you still think it's all about a business model or capital?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I would have to say id rather see H-D buy them then TaTa motors. H-D's profits are down in American but they grew in the European market also. MV is a very exclusive brand and Im sure H-D would see that. I have owned two Harleys and dont plan on ever owning another one, but im not opposed to the idea of them owning MV if it keeps them afloat. Whatever happened to the tallks of Audi/VW buying them out? Now there is something I could live with. They did a great job with Lamborghini in my opinion.

·
Registered
195 Posts
O.K. let me put it this way. Would a harley rider appreciate Honda buying Harley Davidson? Do you still think it's all about a business model or capital?
Dindnt someone on this mv agusta thread post something like honda owning part of HD or the other way around. dont remember :wtf:

·
Registered
756 Posts
H-D is having a tough year and will be focused on the bottom line like any (public) company. I doubt they will ever move the earnings dial with MV, so will hopefully use the brand to attract new customers. Perhaps the cost of ownership and investment in new models is modest for them, and they just want to bring new blood into the showroom. I have nothing against H-D's, and like the Vrod. The fit and finish is substandard given the price IMO, and most of their bikes are not my style, but to each his own. They have one of the most powerful brands in the world...and $. Insolvency is far worse

1 - 20 of 131 Posts