MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, has anyone else had trouble finding neutral on their Rivale?

It's so easy on the F4RR and B1090....

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would say the neutral is tight compared to other rides. I went from a Yamaha R1 to the Rivale and neutral is a little harder to find. Just make sure the oil is a good synthetic and not a thick blend.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I had this issue (I think theres a thread in the B3 or F3 section about the transmission being tight) for a good 1500-2000 miles in addition to rough quickshifts. Once I struck 2000 miles everything started getting a lot better and neutral was just a touch from 1st. It did start to get better after the first oil change so Dons might be on to something about the oil.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the answers guys, I think you're all onto something, the clutch is the worst of any MV I have ridden, maybe it's just the cable operation that I've had to adjust twice as it keeps getting sloppy so it may be a disengaging issue but I have noticed it feels like it might be getting better the more I ride it. I am going to start on the hydraulic conversion soon, should make a big difference.

Fun bike though, perfect for pillioning, much more comfortable than the Brutale for 2 up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts