MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mistress was brutalized this arvo by a Mazda cx. Woman driver reversed straight into my parked beloved knocking her over whilst I was at ATM machine, I heard the bang looked round to see my worst nightmare, bike laying on its side after hitting the Tarmac, typically said driver said she didn't see it, then added her motion sensors were broken!! Words can not describe my Anger towards said driver. Both brake levers broken, rizoma mirror destroyed, numerous chips and scratches. Bars and footpeg thankfully saved mufflers and tank, helmet was damaged too, absolutely gutted.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Bloody Bugger,
Just as well you werent sitting on it at the time. "Motion Sensors" eh ,how about opening your bloody eyes lady.
Hope she`s insured. Sorry to hear the news.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
What can I say,people no longer know how to rotate there neck,see it all the time,now in the Kingswood with bench seats you had plenty of vision,sorry to here your Lady went down.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

cheers eddy

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Awful sorry to hear about this...I'm gutted for you. I don't know what to say!....No mirrors in her car??????.
What if it had been a child on a bicycle?. 'MOTION SENSORS' not working EH?
Brian.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
That's a real shame..

I once reversed my own Lorry into my own pickup truck...Sxit happens 'specially before coffee in the morning..

joe

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
That's a real shame..

I once reversed my own Lorry into my own pickup truck...Sxit happens 'specially before coffee in the morning..

joe
Joe......what's the difference between a lorry and a pickup truck? :stickpoke

·
Registered
542 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mistress. If there is any recourse - at least you will get her back to normal or even better as its all clip-ons that are damaged based on description. Thankfully it was not you on the bike when it happened.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Sorry to hear that partner. It is absolutely the WORST feeling when something happens to something so dear. Stick it to her insurance company. That Rizoma mirror,.......$931!! LMAO

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Happened to me once while sitting in the barbers chair. Had to go outside with shaving cream on.

The police woman said the law is you yield to what's behind you as you reverse. His insurance paid for the estimate. I got some upgrades and a new paint job. It was an SV650 though, not an Agusta, so I can't imagine how you feel right now.

Get an estimate from the dealer, and then make your own, sourcing parts from the web, including the helmet, and valuing your time somewhere near 50-75$ /hour. hopefully they pay up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all replies, bike has been assessed just waiting on frame part price to complete quote, my insurance is covering my helmet which received damage, drivers insurance company will be picking up the bill for everything.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Thanks for all replies, bike has been assessed just waiting on frame part price to complete quote, my insurance is covering my helmet which received damage, drivers insurance company will be picking up the bill for everything.
Actually the drivers insurance should be picking up everything including your helmet after all the idea of comprehensive insurance is make good all damages - everything was paid for when they wrote off my wife's beloved Guzzi - including my helmet, gloves, pants & personalised plate!

I know what you mean about that "dread" - I had my bike run over in the driveway at home (many many years ago) by my father who proceeded to tell me it was my fault for leaving in such in a stupid & idiotic place - the driveway? :confused: Years later (even though we never spoke about it) I realised he was just embarrassed as hell and deflecting it back to me was the best way to deal with it. He did pay for the whole bike to be repainted and threw in a new set of Marzocchi shocks for good measure - I think that was hush money :laughing: Fabulous ol'bloke miss him everyday!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AUS importer

My mistress was brutalized this arvo by a Mazda cx. Woman driver reversed straight into my parked beloved knocking her over whilst I was at ATM machine, I heard the bang looked round to see my worst nightmare, bike laying on its side after hitting the Tarmac, typically said driver said she didn't see it, then added her motion sensors were broken!! Words can not describe my Anger towards said driver. Both brake levers broken, rizoma mirror destroyed, numerous chips and scratches. Bars and footpeg thankfully saved mufflers and tank, helmet was damaged too, absolutely gutted.
Four weeks out from insurance quote and still waiting for importer to supply pricing for parts of frame damaged, WTF, all this hassle and the woman driver says 'it's only a mirror!' well, !the scratch to top muffler that I hadn't seen till I took it to shop for assessment will cost plenty more than a mirror!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts