MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Top man, the Scots, Welsh & Irish are all a lot more patriotic than us English & its about time we changed that!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Too true - you folks on the wrong side of Offas' dyke need to re-claim the flag from those BNP lunkheads.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think I'm speaking for most of us Yanks when I tell you I have no fooking idea what you're talking about ....

Offas' dyke? I'm envisioning a short-haired stocky gal in a flannel shirt with a chain-drive wallet.

BNP lunkheads?

For the sake of my English/Welsh/Irish heritage, please enlighten me.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Offa was a medieval Welsh ruler who built a defensive earthwork/embankment called a dyke along the length of the boundary with England. It still exists in parts.

The British National Party are a group of Nazi racist idiots who have managed to create a significant presence in the inner-city areas. They wave the flag so much it's now associated with racism. Normal folk avoid displaying the Union Flag or Cross of St George outside their house for that reason.

(Technically, it's only a Union Jack when displayed on a ship, the rest of the time it's the Union Flag).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi guys.......i did not want to start a debate on the rights or wrongs of the union flag ......that was stolen from us years ago,im just celebraiting being an englishman and very proud of it, if i can do it as well as all my other fellow countryman it will be a good day.....so im off to get pissed........

·
King of Bling
9,823 Posts
Good On Yar mate.. Have a beer for me too, as I’m stuck here in the office.. Wish I could join you :banghead:

But the way.. Wasn’t St George a Palestinian?.. Maybe, we should be celebrating St George’s day with a kebab ..

Hey Matie Boy Peeps, do you want extra Chilli’s and a har-large chips with that?

·
Registered
124 Posts
He's also the patron saint of Cataluña and the locals go a bit crazy. I just went out to buy a rose for my girl (as is the tradition) and couldn't move in the centre of Barcelona for people buying roses and books (books for the guys). A few beers later I think as it's the hotest day of the year so far. Cheers to all.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Well I too have a cider on thE go having finished work early cause its my birthday, so as an anglo scot I will do the honerable thing and get pissed.

Cheers

jimboF4

·
Registered
417 Posts
Have a good day all those fellow English MV owners

1 - 11 of 11 Posts