MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Chinese New Year Holidays, i pretty much rode everyday all week! Got like 600 twisty only miles in 6 days! Realize i might need a rear ohlins because no matter how i adjust it, it is still pretty harsh on bumpy roads.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I would not you suggest you change straight to a new ohlins.
These are an inherent harsh, sporty ride, type of machine. Don't go clicking adjusters without some plan.
THe standard rear shock is a pretty good unit.
I would suggest you use the soft settings supplied by MV. Mine came with settings for soft, standard and firm. Standard was too firm. I weigh 70kgs or less.
Try putting your spring pre load down to soft (2 turns I think) then get a static measurement done. You should be at least 25mmm. Then try go up 2 clicks on rebound to stop it getting bouncy. Keep front on the soft settings.
I also lowerd the ride height by 10mm to get a bit more weight on the spring and this helped a lot.Go try that.
Thanks for the photos I used to live over there brings back memories, I had a monster and terrorised the locals.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have my shop adjust mine no less than 4 times, even the boss says this is a pretty harsh bike. Keep in mind, im comparing this to two liter jap superbikes that i have and this is by far most uncomfortable. Im gonna give it another try next week in sorting it out, if not, the ohlins people will be thanking me.
Another fellow 910 rider just had ohlins and i have yet to ride it, and he swears its like night and day. And a F4 1k i rode all last month finally got adjusted to my liking which is nice and supple over bumps and that took 2 tries too. Now my 910 feels much harsher than that F4. If i can adjust this to glide over bad roads and not bouncing my ass off the seats all the time, it will be perfect!
Thanks for the advice though.

MVASyd said:
I would not you suggest you change straight to a new ohlins.
These are an inherent harsh, sporty ride, type of machine. Don't go clicking adjusters without some plan.
THe standard rear shock is a pretty good unit.
I would suggest you use the soft settings supplied by MV. Mine came with settings for soft, standard and firm. Standard was too firm. I weigh 70kgs or less.
Try putting your spring pre load down to soft (2 turns I think) then get a static measurement done. You should be at least 25mmm. Then try go up 2 clicks on rebound to stop it getting bouncy. Keep front on the soft settings.
I also lowerd the ride height by 10mm to get a bit more weight on the spring and this helped a lot.Go try that.
Thanks for the photos I used to live over there brings back memories, I had a monster and terrorised the locals.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahaha, i ride with what we call, total nut cases! We all been down before too, not because of incline driveways, but we bring rossi motor gp riding styles to the streets! i try to sit way in the back and see all the gp action, front view.
No track here, so what can u do??!!

ARCHILLE said:
Looks like you ran into some serious foggy condition there! Pretty diverse group of bike owners you are riding with. :yo:

Happy New Year to you too!!! :friday:

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
I heard on the news it is the year of the "golden" pig which comes only every 60 years. Is that true? If so, what is the difference between the two?

·
Registered
922 Posts
My business is suddenly and unexplainably golden and fat this year compared to the last few years, so maybe there's a bit of prosperity magic going on with the golden pig.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Darkside said:
I heard on the news it is the year of the "golden" pig which comes only every 60 years. Is that true? If so, what is the difference between the two?
This 1/60 limited edition pig is has the gold Oro magnesium hoofs, and the others don't.

:jsm: :wtf: :bash: :eek:nthecan: :laughing:

just kidding, tell you the truth, I had no idea about it... shame on me, but then again I haven't lived in a Chinese speaking country since 1982.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Make sure you vote for the next politician that promises to make the license plate smaller. Can't get over how big those things are! Nice pics though, and happy new year.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Darkside said:
The Chinese calender is based on a 12 year cycle represented by; rat, cow, goat, rabbit, dragon, snake, cockeral, horse, monkey, dog, tiger, pig. And a 5 'elements' cycle represented by; wood, earth, fire, water and metal. One element every 12 years. A year will thus be represented by an element and an animal. A particular element/animal combination will be repeated every 60 years. The generic word for metal in Chinese is jin which is also the word for gold. Hence, golden pig. Cong Xi Fa Cai. Happy and Prosperous New Year. May your fuel tank never run dry.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
nice pix.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
great! im taiwanese and i didnt even know that. Thanks!

lean said:
The Chinese calender is based on a 12 year cycle represented by; rat, cow, goat, rabbit, dragon, snake, cockeral, horse, monkey, dog, tiger, pig. And a 5 'elements' cycle represented by; wood, earth, fire, water and metal. One element every 12 years. A year will thus be represented by an element and an animal. A particular element/animal combination will be repeated every 60 years. The generic word for metal in Chinese is jin which is also the word for gold. Hence, golden pig. Cong Xi Fa Cai. Happy and Prosperous New Year. May your fuel tank never run dry.

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
lean said:
Thanks for taking the time to explain :friday:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Chinese New Year celebrations last 15 days. Today, 4th March, is the final day. I am sorry but the Golden Pig has made a bit of a mess even before the celebrations are over. Let's hope it has better for the rest of the year, else it would be even less riding for some of us.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts