MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upon first glance, our Dragster handlebars appear to have adjustments. They look like they could be adjusted in sweep forward or back. However, looking more closely, I can't see how the hardware would even allow the adjustment. Is this merely decorative? I haven't loosened the bolts to try.

·
Registered
639 Posts
The adjustment is made under the Cover Plates.
You'r just a couple minutes faster Resom ;)
I was testing my handlebars to see how it works :)

Easy job, just refit the bolts under the coverplates shown in the picture.
You have 3 holes to choose from.

I noticed the handlebar feels pretty solid while adjusting it.

Nice feature :yo:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Is this adjusting the sweep of the bars, or it it adjusting something else like the 'pull down', ie more like a sport bike? I don't see how those adjusters can change the sweep of the bars if you can't actually move the bar in relation to the centre mounting block.
So, instead of wondering, why don't you have a go :naughty:

·
Registered
639 Posts
So, instead of wondering, why don't you have a go :naughty:
:drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer:

It's just to make the steering part a bit wider/narrower.
Hard to explain, best is to give it a go, if you have a Dragster. If not, I strongly suggest you to buy one :naughty:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes they are adjustable, second thing i done after the foot controls.
Turned them backwards first but it was obviously not better for me, then forward and it felt much better than original setting. Less bend on my wrists, better arms position felt more in comtrol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys....... Removed all the bolts for steering adjustments but the center bracket will not fit in place because of the adjustments. It was only stay inside with factory settings... How to lock it in place after you moved the bars outwards?

·
Registered
22 Posts
T is enough play in the gaps between the inside of the bars and the middle center piece to make the adjustment. The clearance in these gaps change, but they do not move enough to pinch the middle piece. Also, the adjustment markings on the bars do nothing- no matter how you adjust the bars the will indicate the same.

·
Registered
639 Posts
T is enough play in the gaps between the inside of the bars and the middle center piece to make the adjustment. The clearance in these gaps change, but they do not move enough to pinch the middle piece. Also, the adjustment markings on the bars do nothing- no matter how you adjust the bars the will indicate the same.

When adjusting the bars you will always find one of the three gaps in place to pinch the bolt.
Try adjusting the bars one by one this helps, I've done this yesterday and it helped me.
You are correct about the markings mate....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts