MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations aside from Grip Puppies? They are cheap for you guys in the US but it's AUD$100 inc shipping for 2 pairs which is crazy. I can get a pair of Rizomas for close to that.

This is on a CBR1000. I will upgrade the bar ends so that's 1 option. I'm hoping there is a really good set of grips out there to help?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should add i am wearing my thick Winter gloves at the moment. When the pain kicked in i was still wearing my Summer Alpinestars gloves. Changing to the thicker glove has made no difference.

So i'm not looking to explore a new pair of gloves. I have 7 pairs as it is lol.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fill the bars with 12 bore shot pellets (available from gun shops)
Bolts are tightened. Had the throttle bodies all fixed.

I've heard of the leadshot but it seems a bit fiddle as i'd have to take everything apart.

I'd rather exhaust other options first if possible.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Was a bit of a fiddle but worked brilliantly for my Laverda - Pushed a rubber bung half way up inside the clip-on so only filled lower half - mixed shot with Dow Corning silicon grease to stop the pesky little beggars escaping all over the place and pushed another bung in after it - didn't need bar-end weights after that so put blingy ally ones on :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Any recommendations aside from Grip Puppies? They are cheap for you guys in the US but it's AUD$100 inc shipping for 2 pairs which is crazy. I can get a pair of Rizomas for close to that.

This is on a CBR1000. I will upgrade the bar ends so that's 1 option. I'm hoping there is a really good set of grips out there to help?
Have you just tried riding with no hands???

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Just placed an order for a set of grip puppies.

For $50 it's worth a shot. I'll call the store in the morning and find out how long until i get them.

I hope this works as the wife just told me to buy a car and sell my Ducati to buy 2 x Brutales for us. I'm not ready to get rid of the Duc but then again, that was the bike which started my problems so maybe she is right :(

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
This may sound crazy, but Ive done it for a couple of my friends, and it works! Take off the clipons (or have someone hold the bike leaned to one side, then the other) and fill the handle bar all the way with a glue gun/glue stick. When it hardens, it will absorb most of the vibrations instead of transfering it to your hands.
Leave enough room for bar ends.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've read people have filled the bars with silicon. I might give it a go but do you fill the entire clip-ons or bars? I assume yes?

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Silicon or gluegun works, fill it enough where you still have room to put bar ends on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts