MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever changed out the handle bars on the Brutale. I just purchased a 2004 750 and I might be interested an a slightly lower riding position.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I changed mine out for rizoma fat bars and ally grips,easy to fit and better riding position.

·
Registered
604 Posts
theponydogs, welcome and I wish I could help you with info, but there is someone here who can. Take care and hope to see you around.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had my dealer install Magura's on my 750 and then on my 910 when I received it. The lower-flatter bars are better for me too.

·
Registered
571 Posts
The Ducati S4R handlebar is quite popular!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Vlad Drac said:
The Ducati S4R handlebar is quite popular!
I had an S4R and hated the handlebars. Way too wide for me, but everyone is different. I prefer the more narrow bars on the Brutale.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info I'll look into all those options. Pictures of those bars would be nice if anyonehas them.

It sounds like the S4Rs are wide, I wouldn't want anything wider than what is on the bike now. Even slightly more narrow would be better.

The bike that I have had for the last 8 years is a 1990 Honda CB1. A great little 400cc race bike that tears up the canyons. But I go out riding most of the time with an Aprilia group (my husband has a Falco). I could keep up in the tight twisties, but flat out my little 400 had a really hard time keepin' up! I was also frustrated on the freeway. There is something a little nerve racking about screaming along the highway at 11,000 rpm (in 6th gear) on a 16 year old bike and even then I would only be going 85-90.

I have test rode numerous other bike through the years and the Brutale is the first bike that I LOVED!!! It is so similar to my old honda just 10Xs more! The only thing that would make it much better is lowering my riding position and perhaps changing the seat! Does anyone elses butt hurt! The seat is definitely more comfortable when I lower my position but riding upright it just doesn't feel right.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, answered my own question. I found an article from Rapid Magazine, some guy named Richard Clapman did many things to his 04 750 Brutale, and one of them was the addition of Cyclecat Clip-ons. Its gives the bike a more cafe style and lowers the riding position.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry for bringing this old thread back to life, but is there anyone who has replaced their original handlebars with clip ons??

If so, please let me know your comments.
Pics would be highly appreciated as well!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would love to see a picture of shorter/tighter bars- IMHO-I think that I can get more out of my bike with a little less bar and a bit more drop. Also any other opinions of course-

TIA
Del

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
theponydogs said:
Okay, answered my own question. I found an article from Rapid Magazine, some guy named Richard Clapman did many things to his 04 750 Brutale, and one of them was the addition of Cyclecat Clip-ons. Its gives the bike a more cafe style and lowers the riding position.
Damn...that's crazy looking...

·
Registered
668 Posts
theponydogs said:
Nice. I like the look. Like everyone else, I'd like to see more pics. I would definitely consider making the change.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I just talked to Cycle Cat...here's what I got replied back:

Nate,

Thank you for your interest in Oncycles and Cycle Cat Bar Riser's. I do
apologize; I even double checked with our engineer we do not have a
fitment for your motorcycle. I do not know if it is an option to check
with Rapid Bikes to see if they pieced it together to make it work.
Please let me know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you,

Jenifer Green
Customer Service
That sucks...how'd that guy do it? AFAIK, there aren't any bikes with 50mm forks that have clip-ons, besides an F4....

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Bear in mind that a narrower bar will slow the handling of the bike, as will a lower bar. Both together could make it a dog to turn. BTW the Brutale has a slacker steering angle than the F4, so putting the F4 clip-ons on will not make it handle like one, plus the seat is further forward, putting more weight on the front tire than the F4. IMO the bike is perfectly balance with the bar it has, with the perfect amount of leverage.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I would like to fit a lower bar. It would be more comfortable for me and due to the length of my arms, i dont think it will effect the dynamics of the bike that much. It would also help put some more weight over the front tire. With that said I would ideally like to find a bar with the same width as the stock bar. Anyone have any pictures of something like this?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts