MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the standard bars. I'm wanting to put a wider higher bar on like the Rizoma.

·
Registered
822 Posts
G'day,

Just fitted a pair of Rizoma M005 bars to my 1078. No troubles fitting them. If you nip the clamp down the bars wont rotate freely so it's a bit of a patience thing to get them in the right spot if you dont want to scratch the anodizing. Having said that the standard bars on mine are the same. I had to tap the top clamp off to release it.

They are a bit lower, maybe a bit wider although I never compared them too much. Less vibration and look a lot better plus they're red. Say no more!

If you feel you have to open the clamp up, an adjustable reamer is going to set you back a lot more than a set of bars. If you have to, the same result can be achieved with some bearing blue and bit of careful filing or scraping with a hand bearing scraper. Or use a small die grinder with a barrel sanding attachment. There's not that much in it to warrant it really in my opinion.

Cheers

Deano

·
Formerly known as Lumiator
146 Posts
Lumiator said:
Standard bar is 28 mm.
Many accessory bars have 28,6 mm.
I need to clarify that this was the case at my '12 1090 RR.
Don't know anything about other years of construction.

It was definitely not possible to close the clamp on the new bar (LSL X01 carbon) with 28,6 mm diameter on the clamp area.

Cheers
Juergen

·
Registered
822 Posts
I need to clarify that this was the case at my '12 1090 RR.
Don't know anything about other years of construction.

It was definitely not possible to close the clamp on the new bar (LSL X01 carbon) with 28,6 mm diameter on the clamp area.

Cheers
Juergen
Juergen,

Go to the Carpimoto.it site and look up Rizoma handlebars. They have all the specs and measurements in downloadable pdf.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
822 Posts
as close to the clamp as I can get the stock bar ('08) is 27.90mm :brutale:
Noel,

My micrometer made it 27.95mm but I wasn't going to worry about 0.002" or in your case 0.004". Sorry to mix the metric and English. Anyway Jeurgen for all intents and purposes the standard bar is pretty close to 28mm and I'd say your bike is the same.

Cheers

Deano

·
Formerly known as Lumiator
146 Posts
Deano said:
the standard bar is pretty close to 28mm and I'd say your bike is the same.

Cheers

Deano
Yes Deano, you are right. My standard bar was 28 mm.
The carbon LSL X01 was 28,6 mm, which seems to be the standard for many manufacturers, as so many third party bars are at this size.

It might be the case that you don't need to get rid of some material in the clamp if you have a clamp containing 4 screw which can be mounted directly top down,
but if you need to use a foldable clamp like it is mounted on the 1090s you'll have no chance to fold the clamp down on the bigger bar. Just as far a I experienced it. :)

I'm done with the mod anyway, and this might help others in preparation of their work. :)

This is how it looks like:

Cheers
Juergen

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Number2
What model number are those bars? I see you went for the risers also did it make a difference to riding position

·
Registered
14,408 Posts
bar size?

bar size.....

the Brutale bar is a nominal 28mm

28.6mm bars are a International Standard size along with 25.4mm and 22.2mm.....

funny thing divide those numbers by 25.4......and you get the following sizes

1 1/8"
1"
7/8"

it's not a metric World yet :naughty::naughty:

look at most Honda bike M/Cs the bore size is cast into the bottom 1/2"

look at the bore of your clutch slave its 1 3/16", my Aprilia RSVR is 1 1/8"

the transmission input shaft of every Mercedes since day one is 1 1/8" 10 spline just like on my old Chevy

:drummer:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all as my last road bike was / is a Bevel Drive DUCATI S2 with clipons I am finding the rather flattish position of the outer section of the standard Brutale bars a little disconcerting, even my Vespa has more drop to the hand-grip area than this, any recommendations or suggestions for bars with more drop? I have removed the roll pins from the original bars to allow the levers to be lowered to a more natural position for me (this also made the mirrors useable & I'm only 174cm tall!!). However as the bars only clear the Tank by a cm or 2 rotating these rearwards to gain more down angle is not an option. Loving that Real steering damper Luminator!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts