MV Agusta Forum banner

81 - 100 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
So what is the difference between a top case and what you have if they can both be removed
From a designer perspective, MV is famous for delivering compact designs. Same goes for TV with short wheelbase even for a tourer. When you add a topcase, or even a plate to hold it, the look and feel fails.

Again, totally personal opinion :)

·
Registered
909 Posts
From a designer perspective, MV is famous for delivering compact designs. Same goes for TV with short wheelbase even for a tourer. When you add a topcase, or even a plate to hold it, the look and feel fails.

Again, totally personal opinion :)
You may reconsider this. Have a look at what SW-Motech does in this area with generally some sleek design for the base attachement, where you can actually fit a middle plate fixed by 3 quick fasteners (1/4 turn) which is designed to fix the top case… I did mount this on my wife's street triple and it is quite smart. Works well, and design is not as intrusive as you would expect.

Now, that being said, I can agree I would certainly prefer any bike without a top case… But there is some occurrences where installing a bag on the rear seat is juts a no go: basically when you have a pillion...

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
I agree that for everyday use the top case is not desirable but if the wife wants to ride and enjoys some back support then a top case is a must

·
Super Moderator
22,622 Posts
I agree that for everyday use the top case is not desirable but if the wife wants to ride and enjoys some back support then a top case is a must

Luggage for your Baggage? :stickpoke:thewife:

(My love to Charlotte, George...:smoking:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
IMHO, if the wife wants to ride constantly with a top case, I would either
A. By a different bike, the TVL is not really suitable.
B. Get a new wife, and keep the TVL plus many other bikes I'm not allowed...

Good thing she is not a member on this forum....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
IMHO, if the wife wants to ride constantly with a top case, I would either
A. By a different bike, the TVL is not really suitable.
B. Get a new wife, and keep the TVL plus many other bikes I'm not allowed...

Good thing she is not a member on this forum....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife is an occasional rider and I have a different bike. I was just making a general statement

·
Registered
909 Posts
Did a bit of work with my friend last week-end. My friend is used to do special parts, and he is even rebuilding motorbike frames.
Few pics of the work which is still unfinished.

A view of the sampling work initiated from the original passenger grab rail. It will be modified later on to sample all the important measurement of the finished work. That will be the basis of the reproduction he will be able to do for any demand.

Soldering work

Testing on the bike

Positioning work on the bike

Soldering parts positioned on the bike…

Expect for updates in the next few weeks...

Reactions: Duc-Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree with the others that the look of the top case is not optimal to the overall design of the bike, but I’m glad to have it for commuting or for longer trips. The top case is more practical for fitting my laptop case for the back and forth to work.

Here is my setup, the rear section is removable with quick release fasteners. The main plate doubles as a mounting plate for a soft bag or cargo. In a pinch a passenger can ride on it if needed. I think the givi case blends well with the stock colors. The pictures are of my first prototype, the 2nd version is a bit wider with curved edges to more easily access the tie down slots

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
It was slightly longer than a few weeks… Here we are for a first try on the road (it is still missing paint, and eventually some adjustments)…
We had the idea to keep this as universal as possible with the SW-Motech plate being replaceable for another top case manufacturer (there is for many). It can even be removed. The metal plate itself is also removable, and the tubular passenger handle is made based on the original Passenger handle model.

Result of the try : made a mix of small bumpy roads, normal roads and a bit of highway, without any issue without charge and with charge. No bad reaction or woble on the front. The rear light is kept visible as the top case is mounted slightly upper than the rear light (it should be visible from someone Driving a truck at safety distance). I did another round of road on the afternoon with my daughter and she liked it, as she can now lean on the top case (it's even better for me, as she find a natural position more easily). At the end, there might be still few adjustments but that looks to be on the good path...

Reactions: Blue Car Boy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,
Will it be possible to buy this?
I'm considering switching from a Dragster RR to Turismo Veloce but MUST be able to use a top case.
:)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hi,
Will it be possible to buy this?
I'm considering switching from a Dragster RR to Turismo Veloce but MUST be able to use a top case.
:)
Hi, Yes, my friend is used to do some special parts this way and to sell it. He makes a model, then he is able to produce it on demand. I will report once the part is painted, and will provide as well his contact information so you can contact him for ordering…

Reactions: cdp2a

·
Registered
909 Posts
Top Case Mount for TV by Vocenty Parts

Hello,

Got the painted parts back last week-end from Vocenty parts. They are now mounted and I took the time to take pictures.

Here is.

The top case mount is modular:
  • The middle plate is from SW-Motech and is existing for quite a good range of top case brands and models and is easily unmount with 3 1/4 turn screws.
  • The support plate can be removed to keep only the passenger grab rail in, and this can be quickly done. Further, it doesn't require to drill the orignal passenger grab rail. It replaces it.
  • The new passenger grab rail is mounted on the original mounting points from the TV
Information will follow once my friend is providing an url to get information and contact to order the kit.

·
Super Moderator
22,622 Posts
Very nice work!

Reactions: MarcSilverTriple

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
That looks really good Marc, well done. Extra luggage capacity, though I guess additional wheelie potential too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello,

Got the painted parts back last week-end from Vocenty parts. They are now mounted and I took the time to take pictures.

Here is.

The top case mount is modular:
  • The middle plate is from SW-Motech and is existing for quite a good range of top case brands and models and is easily unmount with 3 1/4 turn screws.
  • The support plate can be removed to keep only the passenger grab rail in, and this can be quickly done. Further, it doesn't require to drill the orignal passenger grab rail. It replaces it.
  • The new passenger grab rail is mounted on the original mounting points from the TV
Information will follow once my friend is providing an url to get information and contact to order the kit.
It looks really good :smile2:
Is the support plate included when it's ready for sale?
Hopefully it fits the Givi E251 Monokey Topcase plate.

Excellent work :grin2:

·
Registered
909 Posts
It looks really good :smile2:
Is the support plate included when it's ready for sale?
Hopefully it fits the Givi E251 Monokey Topcase plate.

Excellent work :grin2:
My friend did not communicate all the details yet. He used my bike to build the prototype, and the SW-Motech adapter plate exists for different GIVI topcases and as well other brands... As soon as he communicates details, you'll get the information.

81 - 100 of 141 Posts