MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Watched a good documentary on Hailwood on BT Sports channel, didn't know he was awarded the George Cross for pulling Clay Regazzoni from his burning car.

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Watched a good documentary on Hailwood on BT Sports channel, didn't know he was awarded the George Cross for pulling Clay Regazzoni from his burning car.
Don't mention the words BT sport... :cussing:.... We don't use those words in our house :)..

I vaguely remember something about Hailwood trying to save someone from an accident during his F1 years, but didn't know the facts..

Have you seen that BBC film " Grand Prix: The Killer years" ?..

There's a scene in the film where David Purley trys to save his fellow driver Roger Williamson, who is trapped in an upside down burning car.. Horrific scene..

David Purley got awarded the George medal for his actions..

·
Registered
629 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Really enjoyed this vid of real artists.

How would Lorenzo & Co perform on these bikes and the "security" of these days????

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love me !!!

www.mv-agusta.es using motorcycle app.
Hey Jorge..

You need to polish up on the old English my friend, otherwise when you come to the UK, you could get yourself into trouble and end up in a civil partnership with a Dude called George.

Only joking my friend and say hi to Frank from me! ( he'll also explain this very English joke).. :)

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
a Hero?

John;
it was at the South African GP 1973 at Kyalami

there used to be a longer version, showing him going back into the flames after he put his burning hands out
He didn't stop until Regga was out of the car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2QFwzD_3o8

truly a Hero

RIP my friend

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
I think this is Hailwood at the Mallory Park post TT race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LnNP7mw7XY

How smooth was this guy!.. :jsm:

If Jorge Lorenzo regards himself as slick as Mantequilla, then that makes Hailwood slicker than KY Jelly. :)

And not even a hint of a 'knee down' from him ..., butter smooth and stylish:smoking: A 'gentleman' in every sense...., a true Legend!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The riders are cool but they are on bikes those butterflies in the upper left corner just never get tired

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
i met the guy a few times and he was the guvnor .... nice to hear Asa moyces name again great bloke

1 - 14 of 14 Posts