MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the check done the other day , by my mecanic. I thought about doing it at 12000km, but after reading the forum here i decided to wait to now. Well the thing is nothing needed to be done this time around, but my mecaninc meantioned that at 36000km it probably would need some shimsing done.

I know yamahas have their checks at 40000km, so i guess the mv engine isent that bad maintinece wise at all:) At least in the valve clearence department:naughty:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
It's certainly better that having to do it every 6000km like they did back in the day...
Huh? I thought they had to checked every 12000km - did it used to 6000km? what changed? Just curiosity :)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
The wife's Honda CBR1000 has 37,000km on it and it has never had the valve clearance checked nor will i bother checking until it probably has around double the mileage.

When i look at bike manuals, 90% of the stuff is 'looking'. Therefore 90% of my service bill is 'looking'. This is why i now do oil+filter+brake pad+spark plug changes my bikes run like gold. If i need brake/clutch bleeding or sprockets, i take it to the guy down the road because that's above my crap skill level.

F42000 on here had something like 50,000km on his F4 so maybe he can comment on what work is really required on these bikes.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
The wife's Honda CBR1000 has 37,000km on it and it has never had the valve clearance checked nor will i bother checking until it probably has around double the mileage.

When i look at bike manuals, 90% of the stuff is 'looking'. Therefore 90% of my service bill is 'looking'. This is why i now do oil+filter+brake pad+spark plug changes my bikes run like gold. If i need brake/clutch bleeding or sprockets, i take it to the guy down the road because that's above my crap skill level.

F42000 on here had something like 50,000km on his F4 so maybe he can comment on what work is really required on these bikes.
Maybe he could also comment on that avatar? Looks like you could do with more than a 'valve clearance'

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just done my 24k kms valve clearance check on my 910R and found two valves are out of spec. Are you guys really happy about burnt out valves? Manufacturers don't spec maintenance schedules on a whim, they are mandatory of you don't want to damage your engine over the life of your machine.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Just had my 12000km check and they did valve clearance check as per manual, all checked out ok, new plugs too. About $600 NZ all up but I did own oil & filter.
2010 990r

1 - 10 of 10 Posts