MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its happened again went out on thurs not far from home started to overtake car and got an almighty tankslapper
taken to hospital dislocated metatarsals and right ankle damaged right arm and left arm was also badly dislocated and fractured bone was sticking out, just got our of hospital today
not in great shape but walking with a moonboot might be time to hang up my boots .

·
Registered
891 Posts
bugger, do you need 4 wheels?

seriously, hope recovery is uncomplicated

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks 737 I will see what shape the bike is in haven't slept since thurs I am fu%%% GOT A Metal PLATE HOLDING the bone in place

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you DO go to 4 wheels, I can’t speak highly enough about the Alfa Romeo Stelvio . . . wow. Italian, AWD, and over 300hp with just a couple mods. NOT MV Agusta type of thrills, but still fun. Rest easy, @mv raptor , and feel free to message me if you’re looking for good convo!

·
Registered
891 Posts
If you DO go to 4 wheels, I can’t speak highly enough about the Alfa Romeo Stelvio . . . wow. Italian, AWD, and over 300hp with just a couple mods. NOT MV Agusta type of thrills, but still fun. Rest easy, @mv raptor , and feel free to message me if you’re looking for good convo!
I had a alfa 33 P4 (permeant 4 wheel drive), now that was a fun car, especially in the wet

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Also sorry to hear, MV Rap.

Hope the recovery is well, although sounds as if it'll be a while.

If you don't mind sharing, what was the cause? Bad roads; a minor lapse of judgement?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Ouch - shit mate, sorry to hear that. Hope you recover as soon as possible....and don't make any decisions until you are physically (and mentally) on the mend !

·
Registered
253 Posts
Get well soon mate, just get a bike with a good steering damper. A car will never replace the bike!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you all guys for your support nigel might be taking your approach fix bike up again and look at it lol had new tyres fitted Michelins don't know if it suits my riding style
always had conti motions continental tyres on the bike and always felt confident could have be bad judgment road conditions and been under a lot of stress something had to give
had steering damper always kept it very low setting had a good nights rest

·
Registered
444 Posts
Healing prayers.. never had a bad tank slapper... hear they are vicious.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
update on bike rear wheel buckled swinging arm scraped side tail pice ripped off foot peg rider ripped off frame badly damaged tank badly damaged handle bars clutch reservoir
engine intact everything on left hand side got it head light clocks wright off this wont be going back on road .

·
Administrator
19,129 Posts
Sorry to hear of your mishap !!! Take it easy and follow the doctors orders. I hope you have a full recovery.
So you got a titanium upgrade ??

·
Super Moderator
21,778 Posts
Damn. Hopefully you heal quickly and fully.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Hoping for a fairly expedient and painless recovery.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts