MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is a post I hoped I wouldn't ever make.

Had a highside at a trackday at Queensland Raceway on Monday. Simple case of too much throttle too soon out of the last turn onto the straight. To use a Stonerism, my ambition outweighed my talent!

The guys at Champion Ridedays were great, medics got me sorted pretty quick, and apart from being a bit sore I spent the rest of the day hanging around at the track. The guys at QR were great too, let me lock my bike up there and went above and beyond their duty.

That evening the pain kicked in and now I am friggin crippled. Had x-rays late yesterday, and have to have an ultrasound on my shoulder tomorrow. Got some deadly pain killers though!

Bike faired pretty well, a fair bit of cosmetic damage, broke the left bar and front brake master cylinder. Destroyed my new rearsets but I think they saved the cases. Bit of damage to the rear axle too. The next mission is to get it back home and start getting her back together.

Big shout out to Rob (Rob b). He was an awesome help and even offered for me to take his bike out for a session. He pushed my bike around and helped me pack stuff up, and was generally just a good guy to have around after the event. Thanks Mate!

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Sorry to hear about the off but sounds like things are about as good as you could get with a highside. Hope X-rays, etc show nothing problematic!

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
It's sort of like setting the long jump world record without the sand.
Sorry to hear of this. Several of our Aussie brothers have had a spill recently - take care and heal well.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Dang, what is going on down there??

This is like the third Aussie posting wipe outs this month.
- New F4 totaled after 800k
- Slick man hole cover

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
The bike will fix, look after yourself first.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks guys, Rob took a couple of pics, he might post them up here.

Other than feeling sore, I am feeling pretty good about everything now. Like Colin said, it is about as good as can be expected, more scans thursday to determine how bad my shoulder is.

I still can not believe how quickly it happened. When I got up one of the track guys was there and I just said "what happened?" He said "you highsided mate", it was only a bit later the brain started to filter through what happened. The body and mind are both pretty amazing. Now I can pretty much see it all in my mind.

It was morning Adam, only the second sesion of the day. Bummer! And yes Dingo, it is still a bumpy track, crazy really how rough it is in places.

Lots of rest and (hopefully) lots of sympathy from the wife for the next few days!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Shit. Not another one! We are building a bit of a reputation downunder...
Glad you pulled up ok though and that at worse we'll only have to put up with a pix of your shoulder.

Sounds like a wet State of Origin tonight.

Cheers and heal up quickly.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Bloddy hell Matty -deffo a post I didn't want to read.

Glad you are not too bad, best wishes for a good outcome with x-rays/scans - heal up pronto champ.

·
Vendor
5,336 Posts
Shit Marty,glad I wasnt at the track to see that.Glad you are OK though,also glad Rob was with you to help you out.Dont worry about the bike,lots of members of the forum will help you repair the bike,take care mate.Mitch.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Aww shit Mat

I just commented on you needing to come racing on my thread, did not see this yet.
Hope you feeling better soon Mate, let us know if we can help with the bike naughty boy, I never said "Do like I do" I said "Do what I do", okay I see how you might have misunderstood. :naughty:
Get well soon.:)

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. I know that feeling of hanging around injured an the track... :stickpoke
Heal up quickly and all the best :f4:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Heal quick mate!

Sorry to hear this but its good you're ok!

Would the traction control stop that happening on the new RR?

Probably not if you r on 'race' mode.... Anyone know???

1 - 20 of 52 Posts