MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was not one of my better Sundays.

So like any other Sunday, I got up early got geared up to hit the canyons, decided to change the visor to a tinted one since it was sunny, and while taking off the clear visor, I broke the visor cover on my Arai helmet :banghead: With some glue, I was ready to go. ThenI decided to mount the camera mount on the tank to tape my ride today, so I put that on and got on my way.

Hit the first canyon then my first stop, I realize I forgot my ciggs at home with no gas station for miles :banghead::banghead:

Didnt think it could get worse, I was wrong. My quick shifter stopped working shortly after :banghead::banghead::banghead:, then the canyons I ride on were being repaved, so they were full of loose gravel :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: So I was only able to ride down at 10mph while gravel was shooting all over my bike.

Then at the end of the day, I realized that the camera didnt record jack shit! It is a hard drive based HD Cam, and the vibrations set off the drop detector which shut the camera down :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Anyway, just wanted to vent.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Classic LOL

You gotta laugh when a sequence of events happens like that. Think yourself lucky it didn't include binning the bike!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I've had rides like that.....nothing goes right. Maybe its a good thing your camera didn't work....who wants to remember it? Next Sunday will hopefully go alot better!:f4:

Good grief Groper, whats that in your avatar??:jsm:

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike, I guess you are right. Who wants to remember this sunday anyway. I just hope next Sunday is better. God knows when they will be done paving those roads. Wish there was a way for me to check before going up there again.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Why wait till next sunday??? go out for a ride today :)

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Look at the bright side - nothing happened to your gorgeous beast and you can get out to kick ass another day & you didn't really need your quick shifter at 10-mph.

I tried not to laugh when I read this but post but I must confess to I failed!

We have all had days like that, that's what makes it funny ;)

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
Classic LOL

You gotta laugh when a sequence of events happens like that. Think yourself lucky it didn't include binning the bike!
+1 ....at least it didn't start raining at the same time :) !!

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the comments guys, keep em coming :D

A bit of an update, I fixed my helmet, I have my ciggs ;) the camcorder is running fine now and the quick shifter is still not working.

Today ended better than it started though, which is a good thing I guess. Not long after I posted this my wife started bugging me to take her on a ride down to Malibu to have dinner. I was not about to miss an opportunity to ride some more canyons, LOL. The bike did not miss a beat! It carved the corners as if it were on tracks. This thing is a true beast :D Cant wait to get it dyno tunned.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My sunday was worse yesterday!!

ended with me on the side of the road with a broken down bike an hour out of the city. Meant to be meeting up with a bunch of people for a ride. Had been looking forward to it all week and had to dodge many obstacles to even have the chance to do it......

everything went against me!

so i was left broken hearted and missed out on a great days riding

was on my ktm 2 stroke which i have been rebuilding for over 2 months and have been waiting to enjoy it!! :(

·
Registered
170 Posts
I feel sorry for you mate.

But at least nothing has happened to your bike (or yourself)

I am sure you will have a nice ride somewhere this week :yo:

·
Administrator
20,391 Posts
You should quit smoking...then you wouldn't have that problem again.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know I should, but I enjoy smoking and thats the main reason I am unable to quit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts