1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I bet his other bike is a F4..........

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
To correct this error in judgement without pulling the whole bike apart, he could get a big vat of acid & drop the bike in it just long enough to disssolve the lube - this is the critical part - timing is everything. I would suggest that period should be 6-8 months. Then submit an insurance claim & PRESTO shiny new bike

No thanks needed KTM guy - we on MVAgusta.net like to help :)

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Good sport for sharing such a stupid mistake.
:banghead:

·
Registered
194 Posts
That's good but not as funny as the guy on one of the gixxer forums who mistook two bottles of nitro energy drink for some injector cleaner. It was a while ago and the forum thread was massive, what's funnier is the guy doesn't realise what he's done until about the second page of the thread when someone posted a picture of the bottle.

·
Registered
655 Posts
That's good but not as funny as the guy on one of the gixxer forums who mistook two bottles of nitro energy drink for some injector cleaner. It was a while ago and the forum thread was massive, what's funnier is the guy doesn't realise what he's done until about the second page of the thread when someone posted a picture of the bottle.

lol I've read that one....but I think the guy was joking and pretending stupid...(I dont think he really do it)...he just wanted to see what other will say...lol anyways

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Yeah, like the time I almost confused the green diesel gas pump for the regular one. :)
I have a few friends that have made that mistake and filled up the tank with diesel instead of regular.
Not good at all...

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I have a few friends that have made that mistake and filled up the tank with diesel instead of regular.
Not good at all...
Happened to me all the time when I was a new car dealer. Half a dozen times a year, a customer would put diesel in their Accord or Civic tank. Geeze what a mess. We had to drain the tank, remove it, clean it out, flush the lines and injectors, replace the fuel filter, etc. Typically cost about $175 to fix it.

The funniest story was when the daughter of our (former) local sheriff did it to her car. The sheriff had previously taken my campaign donation, but had bought his car at my competitor. Now here she is in my store.........with no money to pay for her repair.

Karma has a way of working out. Her bill, paid for by her dad, was slightly :jerkoff: higher than $175.........:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts