MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all i would like to introduce myself as a new owner of beautiful brutale 750s. bike is 2004 and have 14k miles
now i am really enjoing just to look at bike, but i have a some problem, so i need help from expert.

first i had problem with gas, when i turn handle bars full right rpm s goes in like 4k. i solved that with adjusting throttle cable, it looks ok for now, well see, i am stuck a bit, cannot drive a bike to mechanics (that is a second issue)
recently i noticed that when i press clutch bar doesnt have a lot of resistant, and since is clutch bar dented i thougth that problems is in clutch bar by itself.
i change it but its same thing and now i cannot drive a bike, in neutral everything works fine, and when i press a clutch and put it in gear bike just shut off. it seems that clutch does not working at all. i even took off clutch leveler bar and press cilinder with screwdriver, bike dont even change sound, like i didnt press clutch at all..
so i dont know is it clutch cilinder or what? any advice, help?

i was really happy when i bought this bike but now .. :mad::confused:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
How you going mate, got your PM.
Welcome to the forum, where in the world are you?
Okay, let me get this right, when you pull the clutch lever in, and try to select a gear, the bike cuts out right away.
Two questions.
1. Does the bike try to move forward when you select the gear, and then stall's ? (Mechanical fault)
2. Does the bike just cut out right away. (Electrical Fault)

If the bike moves forward then your clutch is not being disengaged properly by the push rod. You need to make sure you installed the lever properly and bleed the slave and master cylinder.

If it does not even try to move, then you might have a electrical problem, clutch switch and side stand switch, my money would be on the side stand switch.

Download the workshop manual for you bike from my website, have a read and see if there's anything that might help.

·
Vendor
5,277 Posts
First,welcome to the forum.
Second,make sure the throttle cables are free lock to lock and not snagged in any way.You should be able to wiggle or move the cables freely on each lock.then recheck with the motor running that the revs don't raise on each lock.That situation of tight cables can be very dangerous when riding the bike.
Third,by your description you need to bleed the clutch.Use only quality Dot4 brake fluid from a new bottle.
Hope this helps you.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, let me get this right, when you pull the clutch lever in, and try to select a gear, the bike cuts out right away.
Two questions.
1. Does the bike try to move forward when you select the gear, and then stall's ? (Mechanical fault)

If the bike moves forward then your clutch is not being disengaged properly by the push rod. You need to make sure you installed the lever properly and bleed the slave and master cylinder.

If it does not even try to move, then you might have a electrical problem, clutch switch and side stand switch, my money would be on the side stand switch.

Download the workshop manual for you bike from my website, have a read and see if there's anything that might help.
Thanks for warm welcome, i am in USA, in Chicago.

Leveler is installed good, there is nothin diferent from stock one. All parts are there, but it just too soft, as i sad no resistance almost at all ... Its try to move forward, like when you are driving a manual and you put in gear and it shut off when you release it, and yes its stall.
i opened a new bottle Dot4 brake fluid, i fill up reservoir on bars, so i guess i need that proper bleeding. I will try in the morning, to do bleeding it in proper way. i just bought bike ( 84 miles ago) so i am a bit :jsm:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Examine the clutch lever carefully. There is a pin, a plunger really, that sends hydraulic fluid down the line to the slave cylinder. When you pull the clutch lever, the pin should move in immediately.

That's the easiest thing to check, I would start there.

·
Vendor
5,277 Posts
Two questions.

Donsy,you pipped me at the post so to speak.I wasn't sure if the bike was cutting out electrically when selecting first gear or lurching forward due to lack of clutch.So reading the post 3 times I went for air in the hydraulics.:)

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
It's either stalling due to clutch not operating correctly or the side stand switch is inop.

Be logical to bleed the clutch then when clutch is AOK if the problem of engine cutting out persists get down on your knees and pray to the side stand switch !

joe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys, i did everything what you say, and its workinnngggg :))) i bleed oil and i was pumping clutch bar until start to have resistance.

Since this is my first bike, maybe i will ask a lot for advices ( maybe gear indicator, or manual fen start are two things that i am interest in for start) and i hope that i am not to be boring :)

I am gona try to do preventive maintenance by myself (Tomorrow i will probably go with oil change..) , and everything else i will do at mechanic.

Any way big THANKS! :)

·
Super Moderator
22,046 Posts
This forum rocks for those who would like to learn to "do-it-yourself".

·
Vendor
5,277 Posts
Hey guys, i did everything what you say, and its workinnngggg :))) i bleed oil and i was pumping clutch bar until start to have resistance.

Since this is my first bike, maybe i will ask a lot for advices ( maybe gear indicator, or manual fen start are two things that i am interest in for start) and i hope that i am not to be boring :)

I am gona try to do preventive maintenance by myself (Tomorrow i will probably go with oil change..) , and everything else i will do at mechanic.

Any way big THANKS! :)
Well done,now get out there and ride the beast lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts