MV Agusta Forum banner

10361 - 10380 of 10446 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
@FlashVinnig -- Choose to believe what you will :devilish:.. But none of the stuff you are so dependent on in your everyday life, like your smartphone or the electronics in your MV would be here if not for the advancement of Science and "men in white coats" .. -- It did NOT come about by "having faith in God" or any such superstitious nonsense .. You just set about proving the existence of "god" and when you do, I'll concede to "faith" .. so far its been "Science: 1000000000000 points - "God/Allah/Jahve" - 0 points :geek: Not even your "skunk" is the work of "god" -- That was refined by "men in white coats" -

Climate change is REAL -- Geology as a Science is REAL -- We CAN know what the world looked like millions of years ago - the proof is right under our feet -- in the ground .. You can dig out the fossils, and measure the chemistry -- You do not even need to "believe" -- You can just go look for yourself -- Its not hard.. The CO2 levels you can track yourself! Just go buy a Dräger CO2 gas analyzer and start taking measurements .. Note them down and see which way it goes over the next couple of years -- Its no harder than measuring the voltage of your battery or the temperature in your skunk greenhouse -- Science is simple!;)
BTW: the CO2 levels will be lower and the O2 levels will be higher in your greenhouse -- Thats what plants do - They live off CO2, water and minerals and sunlight, and they produce intoxicating carbon-based molecules and excrete O2 --
I agree 90% im not knocking the inventions of science.. im knocking on that we knew what things where 800k years ago haha! Climate change is a hypothesis how do we not know that the earth has its own cycles? Do we really know how earth functions? No we sure dont. That doesnt go willy nilly and be irresponsible. Gotta take care of what we have. And fyi that skunk that i grow was all natural bred. Even have my own strain thats passed down in my family for 400years aint no science in breeding cannabis.
only science when genetically modifying plants which is why we dont mess with feminized seeds.

speaking of seeds do ya’ll have opal apples out there?! Been trying to find some seeds so i can grow that at my home and have fresh apples mmmm
Dayummm Vinni now that's an argument, you got your rear end spanked hahaha!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Biomass power: Is the UK’s second-largest source of renewable energy sustainable?

Subsidised burning of forests needs to stop.
Whether it takes place in not fit for purpose coal plant or local habitat being repurposed for agriculture. The outrage of Drax is primarily the fault of the EU classifying biomass as renewable when it clearly isn’t. Can’t be any excuses for righting that wrong now the UK is tragically no longer enjoying the benefits of being in the EU.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Plant a tree, burn a tree, the magic bullet, nope.

·
Registered
Ducati 899, mv superveloce
260 Posts
Biomass power: Is the UK’s second-largest source of renewable energy sustainable?

Subsidised burning of forests needs to stop.
Whether it takes place in not fit for purpose coal plant or local habitat being repurposed for agriculture. The outrage of Drax is primarily the fault of the EU classifying biomass as renewable when it clearly isn’t. Can’t be any excuses for righting that wrong now the UK is tragically no longer enjoying the benefits of being in the EU.
Def agree on that. No need to burn

·
Registered
260 Posts
Plant a tree, burn a tree, the magic bullet, nope.
Never understood why they did that shit. Hemp makes better paper and other hard steel like material if wooven if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The whole "carbon emmision taxing and quota system" is just another "trading asset" for venture capitalism -- Thats why there was never any protesting from the financial community over the whole CO2 quota setup .. They had the vision to see it as just another way of getting a profit out of the systems .. So they welcomed it .. Yeeaah! Another commodity to trade and make money on!

It does nothing to reduce Carbon emmissions -- plenty of poorly developed countries are selling CO2 quota to cover for the rich fossil fuel overusers. Australia lives high on that fact, with a very large export of coal, from their "environmentally safe" open pit mining! -- over 2/3ds of Australian coal is exported -- more than 300 million tonnes a year -- So before you aussies start blaming others-- look in your own back yard! Carbon emmisions pr. Capita is higher for Australia than for the US!
In 2015 numbers:
US = 20,4 tonnes per capita per year..
AUS = 23
New Zealand = 7.5
Denmark = 6

·
Registered
460 Posts
So still no list of charitable projects from the most philanthropic country on the planet!
Must be hard picking from all those great projects where you actually did stuff for others less fortunate than yourselves.
I’ll just hold my breath a little longer shall I?
🤔🤔🤔🤔

·
Registered
260 Posts
No land belongs to anyman unless your willing to fight, die and kill to protect it and keep it. Otherwise some other man is going to take it. This is a known.

·
Registered
260 Posts
So still no list of charitable projects from the most philanthropic country on the planet!
Must be hard picking from all those great projects where you actually did stuff for others less fortunate than yourselves.
I’ll just hold my breath a little longer shall I?
🤔🤔🤔🤔
I have 5 boys let that sink. If im not working out with them 2,5 and 10yr old then im working on their reading, writing, math etc, if it aint that we are working on spanish, if it aint that, 10,5yr old working on their riding skills, if it aint that we are trimming bud or feeding plants, if it aint that im fucking my wife, if it aint that we are cooking breakfast, dinner, lunch etc, if its not that we are visiting my mom and dad, if its not that we are baseball or football practice. Shit then on top of that i work from home at the moment dispatching tech and supervising operations. I dont get time to spend wasting hours with people who don’t give a damn about me helping them. I do give homeless $40 about twice a month but i dont call it charity.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The whole "carbon emmision taxing and quota system" is just another "trading asset" for venture capitalism -- Thats why there was never any protesting from the financial community over the whole CO2 quota setup .. They had the vision to see it as just another way of getting a profit out of the systems .. So they welcomed it .. Yeeaah! Another commodity to trade and make money on!

It does nothing to reduce Carbon emmissions -- plenty of poorly developed countries are selling CO2 quota to cover for the rich fossil fuel overusers. Australia lives high on that fact, with a very large export of coal, from their "environmentally safe" open pit mining! -- over 2/3ds of Australian coal is exported -- more than 300 million tonnes a year -- So before you aussies start blaming others-- look in your own back yard! Carbon emmisions pr. Capita is higher for Australia than for the US!
In 2015 numbers:
US = 20,4 tonnes per capita per year..
AUS = 23
New Zealand = 7.5
Denmark = 6
A carbon tax, or emissions trading scheme is in fact a great idea, but to work properly the scheme requires the appropriate policy settings and regulations, and those settings need to ensure that the scheme demonstrably promotes the uptake of renewables and reduces emissions, and continues to do so. Easier said than done.

Australia had what was, or would have become a carbon emissions and trading scheme that had real potential, but an incoming conservative government 'undid' all the mechanisms. The mining companies, names you would know like BHP and Rio Tinto, world class environmental vandals, funded an extensive anti-tax campaign. Ironically, some of those same people are now waking up, as per the link in a post from me a page or so ago. The short lived scheme was not the best scheme on the table, the good old Labor Party has it's fair amount of coal lovers, but as I recall one of the things that undermined it really being useful was some mechanisms in the EU scheme at that time and the actions of German energy companies, I think the price of carbon was reduced to the extent that trading in carbon was worthless.

Coal is politics, in Australia it seems neither of the major parties are game to talk too much about closing coal mines, as there are many of them, and they are in some key electorates.

I am more concerned about land clearing, and old growth native forest felling than coal mines.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I like that idea! Carbon tax im not for gov getting rich for doing nothing. Id say have carbon penalties.

10361 - 10380 of 10446 Posts