MV Agusta Forum banner

8541 - 8560 of 8595 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
My take is Murica is effed either way at the next election. Its too divided, driven by ideologues after power and money and not the good of the people. Gonna have to go through a period of adjustment. Had a long chat with an expat Murican at SMSP a few weeks back. Moved his family back for 2 years and came back to Australia dismayed. His take was we are seeing the end of American greatness. When you see the spread of influence of China and Russia and loss of international influence and respect under the current US administration it is hard to argue with him. Gonna be hard to adjust to for everyone involved. I'm no foreign policy expert, but suggest we (Australia) cut China away and pivot to focus on Europe, SE Asia, Japan, and South Korea. When you have a leader of what is touted as the worlds greatest democracy de-legitimising a fair election process if it doesn't go their way you really have to ponder its status. That is not about the good of the country, but self interest.
Actually had a conversation with family over there where in the end we realised we were talking about them becoming political refugees after the next election. Crazy, normally that only happens in despot countries. We never thought we would be talking about America. Interestingly we may look the same but I have always felt alot of our values are different. Alot of Australian values are aligned with the European sense of fairness which IMO makes for a better society in general.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Stay safe those in highly infected areas and countries, a mate of mine in the US has just had his son test positive, highly likely he will get it too. He said so few are taking precautions, and many just won't mask up or take any protection.

·
Registered
594 Posts
2 days ago outside the hospital, count the masks. This virus isn't going anywhere, 300,000 deaths by christmas.

·
Registered
306 Posts
If Trump loses you could end up with another civil war!

·
Registered
594 Posts
The Proud Boys will rally to Trumps call, when, not if he looses the election. Because if he looses, and he will, he will be facing multiple court appearances, he's protected while he is POTUS, but fair game to answer his criminal activities once ousted from POTUS. He's scared, and he should be, all the polls suggest Biden will sweep the floor clean. But Hillary also had a lead in the polls, so fingers crossed, as he needs to go before he causes any more to the racial divide he has made in the US.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I wouldn't be so sure he is cactus mate. 40+% still think he is the saviour . People vote more tribally now rather than look at the facts. They also want simple answers they can understand even if they are wrong. If he gets re elected we should pivot away from the US more towards europe.

·
Administrator
20,590 Posts
Our governor makes me so proud....getting national attention for his efforts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Would not surprise me if he never had the virus at all, the only doctors i am seeing him with are spin doctors!

Reactions: Glenno

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
sometimes you don't realise how bad the leadership is until you are in crisis, other times it is so bad it makes crises. The world has never seen America so divided. And with a leader who isn't interested in bringing America together or even trying to what chance do you have? Donald Trump on Leadership 9 November 2013: "Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible." March 2020 "I don't take responsibility at all " .

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
I see this dumpster fire has been reignited.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I see this dumpster fire has been reignited.
Well it is election time again Ian, and who's your money on?, the old git. or the prostitute's client. Im off to vote in our election this morning. Our election is a little more clearcut. We have a very popular wonderful leader.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
49-27% win over the conservative opposition in a historically conservative voting country is an astounding result for an incumbent centre left government.

8541 - 8560 of 8595 Posts