MV Agusta Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
8481 - 8500 of 8509 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Seeing as you wanted to talk about gun ownership.

A common theme with the 'left'/non-Dave memes, which are invariably witty and funny, is this sense that 'we' are being put upon by someone, presumably 'them'. Never funny and witty. We can't say this, we aren't allowed to do that, etc.

There was a meme back quite a few pages now that made me think. This meme asserted, amongst other observations, something like 'they want us to believe that it is the minority of Muslims that are a problem, but then label all gun owners as a potential threat'. Something like that. They, again. Whoever they are.

I seemed to recall that most of the terror attacks I could remember were by white Americans, but wondered if that was because I wanted to remember it that way. One such attack that particularly struck me was on a Sikh temple, because the killer thought they were Muslims. Sikhs, of course, are not Muslims, or Hindus.

So I thought the most impartial way to find out was Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_the_United_States

"According to a 2017 report by the U.S. Government Accountability Office, "of the 85 violent extremist incidents that resulted in death since 12 September 2001, right wing violent extremist groups were responsible for 62 (73 percent)..." And so on.

I am rather intersted in history, and I found something out as a result of this Wiki page that I had never heard of. The Tulsa race riot. A convenient financial result as well as a bit of murder.

The list of attacks is a litany of genocide, racism and murder by whites, and that of course does not include the random, isolated lynchings and murders of non-whites by the police and the white population generally.

When you consider that Palestinians only attacked the US because they see the US as an ally of Israel, the oppressors of Palestinians, and of course, as everyone knows, that the US armed and funded the jihadists in Afghanistan, who subsequently turned on the US, the real threat is... right wing extremists.

It seems that the 'people' need their government to be well armed to protect them against those who do not really respect the rule of law, common courtesy and human decency, as distinct from all the empty self-serving rhetoric that one typically hears from the American right and the vested interest groups.

·
Registered
14,220 Posts
wtf?

Sounds like a good argument for a new constitiution, as the current one is old hat, and written by and for rich, old, slave owning white men.

It is true that the US parliament is too influenced by money, ie at the whim of the various multinational industry lobbyists, but those lobbysits, (like the NRA, and the oil and gas industries) and the sort of politicians that you presumably support, are typically those who benefit the most. All that differentiates most Democrats from Republicans is that the former has some semblance of social conscious.

It seems to me that the Americans who love waving their flag and 'respecting' their heroes in uniform are invariably the same people who think that the organisation that employs those uniformed people is out to 'control' them, by using uniformed people that they hero worship. Very curious.
MacStrine;

Your sources of information and your analysis of our country are comical
Are you looking through a kaleidoscope?

Our Constitution is doing just fine.....it's been ammended just 17 times in over 200 years

The Democrats are the party of slavery and the KKK.....Search "Reconstruction of the South" after the Civil War

It's not our uniformed troops we worry about, it's mindless beaurocrats issuing regulations with no oversight
An example; in Washington and Oregon you can't collect rainwater that falls on the roof of your home,
How fucking stupid is that?

The police have NO LEGAL OBLIGATION TO PROTECT THE POPULATION......it's been all the way to the Supreme Court
So I'm responsible for my own protection
I'll keep my guns, thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
I know nothing of American politics @theknurl but the civil war between the confederates and the yankies, is that just the same as the democtates and the republicans? Still going on.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I know nothing of American politics @theknurl but the civil war between the confederates and the yankies, is that just the same as the democtates and the republicans? Still going on.
Similar, but its now called the "Uncivil" war. War of the words. Its the type of war Trump likes to wage.:smile2:

·
Registered
14,220 Posts
?

So I thought the most impartial way to find out was Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_the_United_States

"According to a 2017 report by the U.S. Government Accountability Office, "of the 85 violent extremist incidents that resulted in death since 12 September 2001, right wing violent extremist groups were responsible for 62 (73 percent)..." And so on.
MacStrine.......
Wikipedia is a shitstorm of bullshit if anything envolves politics......you fell for it>:)

Here's what the US Government Accountability Office really does from their website

Attachments

·
Registered
14,220 Posts
?

For Nes and DKDravis;
My favorite old .22 rifles, I love take down ones
1937 Remington 241 Speedmaster semiautomatic ...with it's 2nd barrel too, a cut down Anschutz Model 54 barrel
and a period correct Lyman Super Target Spot scope.....original varnish, receiver is turning plum
it's not that old ???
Bottom
1948 Winchester Model 61pump.......metal is 99.5%, varnish is original

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
@Knurl: Nice little shooters .. I have a Browning "Trombone" takedown 22LR .. Very similar to the Model 61 Win .. It was cut down to remove the outer 4 inches of barrell, which was very badly corroded (The gun spent 30+ years on a wall display not being cleaned internally, before being given to me for free) The previous owner 30 + years ago had already cut 2 inches off the stock, since it was used by his kids for plinking.. Fortunately he had kept the sawn off part :)

Back to politics:

IMHO this is the real problem:

Here are the 8 richest people in the world

Bill Gates, $75 billion.
Amancio Ortega, $67 billion.
Warren Buffet, $60.8 billion.
Carlos Slim Helu, $50 billion.
Jeff Bezos, $45.2 billion.
Mark Zuckerberg, $44.6 billion.
Larry Ellison, $43.6 billion.
Michael Bloomberg, $40 billion.

As will be apparent, 6 out of the 8 are Americans .. The interesting thing is that these 8 men (Gender Equality here - forget it..) own more than what is owned by the poorest half of the Earths population combined..

That sort of rampaging inequality is what drives ALL the political unrest, violence and fanaticism in the world -- The sheepherders in Afghanistan would not be the leat interested in joining militant islamistic groups, if they could afford a Coca-Cola once a day, and a flat-screen to watch camel-races on .. The same goes for the rest of the poorest in the world .. It is obvious when you look at the developing countries in Africa for instance: The richer an african nation is, the less support there is for radical fanatic groups.

Start adding all the problems to come with large areas of the world becoming uninhabitable .. and you have the recipe for a war for resources.

·
Registered
571 Posts
^^^ And little ole New Zealand beat Larry Ellison and all his money at the elitist of sports, The America's Cup. He even brought and now owns a NZ carbon fibre technology company who build most of the boat racing parts for around the world. Money doesn't buy you determination, Kiwi's have it in spades.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Merry Christmas all. Early Christmas day here in NZ, I'm having my morning coffee with a nip of Glenlevit, just finished walking the dogs. Family are all away holidaying etc, so we are going to get the Multistrada out and go visiting..... For the Americans here "Please don't get shot" For the Irish "Please don't get too drunk: For the English "Please don't whine too much" For the Aussies "please don't beat us in Cricket" For the South Africans "Please stop emigrating here" (just kidding) For the Welsh"please stop fighting amongst each other" and lastly to all the Kiwi's, "You/me, "we live in the best fucking country in the word" Happy holiday's all:grin2:
For the record I thought your boys made the right decision to send Australia in to bat. I thought they started well and at the end of day 1 it was only just in Australia's favour. Boult is quite the bowler. He would get a go in any of the big 4 teams (Aus, England, Pakistan and India)They really started going backwards once the wicket dried out a bit after lunch. Day 2........Well that was a doozy.

Then they went in to bat: A nice 5 wicket innings for Cummins :yo:

You guys just don't have a big enough pool to draw from.

Noo Zeeloond is great, will be heading over with the family next christmas for a camper trip :)

·
Registered
866 Posts
Watch liberal and people from countries with restrictive laws, heads explode>:)......

Here these are perfectly legal.......And cost $78, free shipping:grin2:
An 80% machined AR-15 lower receiver, it has NO NUMBERS, But you can't sell it.....Why would I?
I checked with the BATF&E .......My idea was to stamp it with the 1st letter then 3 Xs and the last 4 digits of
my driver's license.....photo ID proving it's mine.....so some dipshit cop won't give me shit
They thought that was a great idea
Machine the hole for the trigger group and drill 3 holes.....you can do it on a drill press :grin2:

For people that don't think they're used for hunting, on YouTube, search "Helicopter Hoggin" or "Night Hunting Feral Pigs"
1st picture; the 80% lower
2nd picture; the upper, no restrictions as long as the barrel is 16" long.......it's losing it's front sight and bayonet lug, so nobody
bothers me
In Australia we don't call them Liberals, We call them "people who don't like to be shot by retards whilst going about their daily business".

·
Registered
571 Posts
Pretty poor batting effort by the Kiwi,s Glenno. Both my sons were there for day 1 and 2 of the test match, one flew over with 35 of his mates, and my other son lives in Melbourne. Both have been waiting for this match for a very long time. They both had a great time there, and sent me a photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
866 Posts
Yeh, the Boxing day test is a pretty big deal for any team, not just Australia.

Been flying home to go back to work. Has the wicket fallen apart a bit. The scorecard doesn't look great for the aussies in the 2nd innings.

·
Registered
7,701 Posts
^^^ And little ole New Zealand beat Larry Ellison and all his money at the elitist of sports, The America's Cup. He even brought and now owns a NZ carbon fibre technology company who build most of the boat racing parts for around the world. Money doesn't buy you determination, Kiwi's have it in spades.
So why have you only won 120 medals total in the Olympics? America has won 2827. I will be waiting for all your excuses and yes they will just be excuses.>:)

·
Registered
571 Posts
So why have you only won 120 medals total in the Olympics? America has won 2827. I will be waiting for all your excuses and yes they will just be excuses.>:)
I remember quite a few of your gold medalists sprinters testing positive for drugs, oh how about that most celebrated of cyclists Lance Armstrong. You must be so proud of him. Lets see, 2827 medals divided by population of 350,000,000 =.00000808 medals per person. NZ 120 medals divided by population 4,700,000=.00002553. So we kicked your arse at the Olympics also. Lets see you worm your way out of that one. Got any more??:smile2:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Oh dear, not in the top 10, prob not even in the top 20, and all those sporting scholarships, all those billions spent, i guess you win the chemist award.

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yeh, the Boxing day test is a pretty big deal for any team, not just Australia.

Been flying home to go back to work. Has the wicket fallen apart a bit. The scorecard doesn't look great for the aussies in the 2nd innings.
Looks to be getting harder to bat on, Kiwis need to survive 2 full days of 140kph plus bowling, if they survive day 4 then bowling in 41 degree heat may be difficult for the Aussie bowlers. The Kiwi's got fried in Perth, bowling for 2 days in 40 plus degree heat, looks like Southie has nothing left, but Wagner is still giving it everything. I was so hoping it would be a good contest, but we just arnt fast enough to trouble the Aussies on your wickets, and our spin bowler is more an allrounder. Time for a few changes, i see Southie getting rested and a new spin bowler coming in. So your coming over to NZ for your next Christmas? Camping? Camper van?....We did 3 weeks in the Brisbane area 14months back in a hired camper, Nin bin/ Byron Bay/ Gold Coast etc, really enjoyed it. Wanted to see some snakes etc, but saw plenty of really cool birds/parrots. Only snake i saw was a dead one on the road. Oh bring a jersey, temps around Cmass can range from 16C t0 25C.

·
Registered
7,701 Posts
I remember quite a few of your gold medalists sprinters testing positive for drugs, oh how about that most celebrated of cyclists Lance Armstrong. You must be so proud of him. Lets see, 2827 medals divided by population of 350,000,000 =.00000808 medals per person. NZ 120 medals divided by population 4,700,000=.00002553. So we kicked your arse at the Olympics also. Lets see you worm your way out of that one. Got any more??:smile2:
Lets cherry pick the numbers. You had 51 people die from a mass shooting with a population of 4.7 million. We have had 486 die from mass shootings with a population of 350 million. So I guess if we are just looking at those number I am more likely to be killed in a mass shooting in New Zealand in 2019 than here in the USA.

8481 - 8500 of 8509 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.