MV Agusta Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
8461 - 8480 of 8509 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
owning Dangerous things ..

@Jigsaw312rr --- No one NEEDS a gun like that, anymore than you NEED to own and ride a 300 km/h+ Motorcycle on public roads ... - So get off your hig horse before you fall off ...
Out on a very thin limb here, I would rate statistically that you are far more likely to kill yourself or others with that bike, than most gun-owners are to murder someone or accidentally shoot them with ANY kind of firearm .. SO .. Do it like the Swiss .. Ban fast Motorcycles ..and allow silly gun crazy civilians to own "Assault rifles" -- oh.. actually Require them to keep their military issued Assault rifles at home .. :surprise:

·
Super Moderator
21,464 Posts
Just a word or two on Semantics.....

1.jpg

·
Registered
223 Posts
@Jigsaw312rr --- No one NEEDS a gun like that, anymore than you NEED to own and ride a 300 km/h+ Motorcycle on public roads ... - So get off your hig horse before you fall off ...
Out on a very thin limb here, I would rate statistically that you are far more likely to kill yourself or others with that bike, than most gun-owners are to murder someone or accidentally shoot them with ANY kind of firearm .. SO .. Do it like the Swiss .. Ban fast Motorcycles ..and allow silly gun crazy civilians to own "Assault rifles" -- oh.. actually Require them to keep their military issued Assault rifles at home .. :surprise:
The difference between assault rifles and motorcycles, REALLY! Do i need to explain that to you? My bike wasn't designed with the main odjective as to kill as many people as possible in the shortest time, Maybe you should not own a gun or a motorcycle if you can't distinguish between the two!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Super Moderator
21,464 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,464 Posts
"my dicks bigger than your dick"

You'll get used to it, Dave.

Just like I did when I realized everyone's dick is bigger than mine.

·
Registered
164 Posts
It isnt a case of inconvenience. Once you allow government intrusion into anything they continue to intrude. Whether it is guns or healthcare or fossil fuels or immigration. Politicians want their power and control and will do anything to keep it. Be careful when they tell you they know whats best for you because it is usually what will be best for them and I would rather take care of myself
If not for your very sensible letter to the editor about helmets I would not have thought twice about this post.

Perhaps it is a question of perspective, but Americans who seem otherwise sensible have what appears to be an ill-informed and underinformed view about what they call 'governement intrusion'.

It is almost as if yanks think that the people they elect, because the US is a republic & a democracy (which I always wrongly assume that Americans know), are immedicately corrupted and therefore not trust worthy. The laws that representaive bodies make, when not stymied by vested interests, are typically made in the greater public good, if not necessarily every single citizen's best interest. At least that is the idea.

I saw this doco about road safety years ago, and how many people, especially in the US, opposed mandatory seat belts as it was an infringement on their rights. Air bags were much more desireable it seems, which turned out oaky dokey for everyone in the long run, but not until many children had died unnecessarily as the bags of the time exploded out of the dash. Similiarly, the greatest opposition to compulsory motorcycle helmets came from....

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
The founders of this country who wrote the constitution knew that once politicians became full time employees and started getting paid they would take advantage of the system which has long been the case. Politicians pass laws that will not only benefit the larger good but themselves. They accept donations from anyone willing to pay for a favor. There are only a few who are honest. Just look at the ones who have been in Congress for 30-40 years. They have accumulated millions of dollars while earning a salary that would never allow for that type of wealth. President Trump has threatened their existence and security and they are worried.

The reason the politicians call for gun control is not to protect the public. They know that an armed public cannot be controlled and the fewer guns exist the more control they have.

Most politicians forget they get their authority from the people and they think they know what is best. They dont care as long as they can maintain their position

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
14,220 Posts
?

Watch liberal and people from countries with restrictive laws, heads explode>:)

Here these are perfectly legal.......And cost $78, free shipping:grin2:
An 80% machined AR-15 lower receiver, it has NO NUMBERS, But you can't sell it.....Why would I?
I checked with the BATF&E .......My idea was to stamp it with the 1st letter then 3 Xs and the last 4 digits of
my driver's license.....photo ID proving it's mine.....so some dipshit cop won't give me shit
They thought that was a great idea
Machine the hole for the trigger group and drill 3 holes.....you can do it on a drill press :grin2:

For people that don't think they're used for hunting, on YouTube, search "Helicopter Hoggin" or "Night Hunting Feral Pigs"
1st picture; the 80% lower
2nd picture; the upper, no restrictions as long as the barrel is 16" long.......it's losing it's front sight and bayonet lug, so nobody
bothers me

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,464 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,464 Posts
For now, I'll settle for here:

IMG_0265.JPG

·
Administrator
18,860 Posts
Most politicians forget they get their authority from the people and they think they know what is best. They dont care as long as they can maintain their position
Throw the bums out !!!......just not MY bum. :rolleyes:

Actually, a good argument for term limits don't you think?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Evil or not --

@Jigsaw:

The difference between assault rifles and motorcycles, REALLY! Do i need to explain that to you? My bike wasn't designed with the main odjective as to kill as many people as possible in the shortest time, Maybe you should not own a gun or a motorcycle if you can't distinguish between the two!
There you have it: You think you own the "moral high ground" -- Of course an "assault Rifle" is developed to be as effective and reliable as possible for its "design Purpose" to kill as fast and effectively as possible (or just destroy material things) - SO you feel the need to try to ridicule me for comparing one "Tool for an extreme purpose" with another -- In the end what matters is WHAT som human being CHOOSES to do with this tool that matters. Every year people, even i my little country, gets killed on the roads, because some biker or cager "feels the need for speed" without regards for the rest of the motorists on the roads :jerkoff:

I for one served my country in the armed forces .. And was very happy that I was provided with an adequate "tool" for that purpose .. Just like you do not have to go 180 Mph+ on public roads, I do not need to use my "Evil tool" for doing Evil deeds -- (Unless you call defending your country or hunting for food "Evil deeds" -- YOU do not need to own a 180BHP Motorcycle to do your recreational riding ..But you do .. Why? .. Can you even use all that power?:wink2: .. I do not need to own a semiautomatic rifle to go hunting, I use it primarily for competitions..

I know of several people who sincerely believe that all vehicles capable of speeds in excess of the maximum speed limits on the motorways (130kph) should be restricted -- To avoid those deaths on the roads, perpetrated by morons with more money and horsepower than sense.. Do you race your MV on the tracks ?.. if not .. you can make do with a CB125 .. or maybe if it is restricted to a max of 130kph you can have any bike you like ... >:) :moped:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Merry Christmas all. Early Christmas day here in NZ, I'm having my morning coffee with a nip of Glenlevit, just finished walking the dogs. Family are all away holidaying etc, so we are going to get the Multistrada out and go visiting..... For the Americans here "Please don't get shot" For the Irish "Please don't get too drunk: For the English "Please don't whine too much" For the Aussies "please don't beat us in Cricket" For the South Africans "Please stop emigrating here" (just kidding) For the Welsh"please stop fighting amongst each other" and lastly to all the Kiwi's, "You/me, "we live in the best fucking country in the word" Happy holiday's all:grin2:

·
Registered
164 Posts
The founders of this country who wrote the constitution knew that once politicians became full time employees and started getting paid they would take advantage of the system which has long been the case. Politicians pass laws that will not only benefit the larger good but themselves. They accept donations from anyone willing to pay for a favor. There are only a few who are honest. Just look at the ones who have been in Congress for 30-40 years. They have accumulated millions of dollars while earning a salary that would never allow for that type of wealth. President Trump has threatened their existence and security and they are worried.

The reason the politicians call for gun control is not to protect the public. They know that an armed public cannot be controlled and the fewer guns exist the more control they have.

Sounds like a good argument for a new constitiution, as the current one is old hat, and written by and for rich, old, slave owning white men.

It is true that the US parliament is too influenced by money, ie at the whim of the various multinational industry lobbyists, but those lobbysits, (like the NRA, and the oil and gas industries) and the sort of politicians that you presumably support, are typically those who benefit the most. All that differentiates most Democrats from Republicans is that the former has some semblance of social conscious.

It seems to me that the Americans who love waving their flag and 'respecting' their heroes in uniform are invariably the same people who think that the organisation that employs those uniformed people is out to 'control' them, by using uniformed people that they hero worship. Very curious.

Did you protest about the US invading Iraq and killing tens of thousands of innocent people? Is that sort of breach of international law and soverignity as an exercise of goverment control okay?

Your suggestion that Trump is somehow different from, or better than any of the other politicians who benefit from being in office suggest to me that you need to read more broadly. He is pretty funny though.

·
Registered
223 Posts
8461 - 8480 of 8509 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.