MV Agusta Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 8509 Posts

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based entirely on suggestions from the forum members, we are trying something new. This is the thread to post anything relating to guns, politics, and religion.

We would like to restrict those three topics to this one thread in the interest of making visiting the forum a more enjoyable experience for everyone.

A few rules:
1) Abide by the forum rules. No vulgarity, no threats, etc.
2)Do not post anything relating to guns, politics and religion in other peoples threads. Your post will be moved here.
3) While there is no rule against starting you own thread relating to guns, politics, and religion, if you do start one all the posts will probably be moved here and your thread will be closed.
4) This is going to be free wheeling. There will probably be hurt feelings. I anticipate heated arguments. It was unworkable to have a separate section in the Kitchen Sink, so this is the next best option. If reading these posts is going to sour you on the forum, please don't follow this thread.

The moderators discussed this at length and the decision, for those of you keeping score, was unanimous. We are most interested in preserving the special camaraderie that is unique to this forum and with that in mind we have launched this thread on a trial basis.

Have fun and let's see how it works.

·
Super Moderator
21,486 Posts

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Could have gone even further:

"Reminder - No Politics, Gun, Religion Posts"
"There will be NO discussions on the subjects of SEX, RELIGION, POLITICS or GUNS as these subjects all too quickly turn into name calling, personal insult hurling tirades which do more to damage a board's credibility than help & alienate members in the process. "
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7687577&an=0&page=0

Dey don't take no sh!t at da MoPar board. :naughty:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

"There will be NO discussions on the subjects of SEX, RELIGION, POLITICS or GUNS as these subjects all too quickly turn into name calling, personal insult hurling tirades which do more to damage a board's credibility than help & alienate members in the process. "
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7687577&an=0&page=0

Yes, we could have but we are more mature and erudite then the knuckle draggers at the MoPar board. Can those "Yeah, it's got a Hemi" guys even type?:stickpoke

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
:laughing:

·
Registered
5,025 Posts

Yes, we could have but we are more mature and erudite then the knuckle draggers at the MoPar board. Can those "Yeah, it's got a Hemi" guys even type?:stickpoke
And they outlawed discussing SEX? What are they, a bunch of Brutale riders? :stickpoke

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Who Called me a wog. No interest in guns.no interest in religion.no interest in politics.but keep the sex.so enjoy guys I am out of this thread.
Cheers eddy

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
So Carl, let me see if I understand....No political discussion except in this thread.

Does that include your blatantly political avatar? Are you restricting your posts to this thread only, or is this just another rule you'll enforce but not follow?

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
So Carl, let me see if I understand....No political discussion except in this thread.
Nope, start your own thread and talk about what you want.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
This is the thread to post anything relating to guns, politics, and religion. We would like to restrict those three topics to this one thread.

A few rules:
2)Do not post anything relating to guns, politics and religion in other peoples threads. Your post will be moved here.
3) While there is no rule against starting you own thread relating to guns, politics, and religion, if you do start one all the posts will probably be moved here and your thread will be closed.
Nope, start your own thread and talk about what you want.
I'm confused

·
Super Moderator
21,486 Posts
I'm confused
Don't be confused, Elton. It's really quite simple. The idea is to keep other threads form being compromised by politics, guns, etc..

So, if you want ot just make a genreal comment, make it in this thread. If you want to start a thread on politics, race relations or guns ... go right ahead. Just don't jump in on a thread already in progress, that isn't a political thread, (for instance the Oklahoma Tornado Thread) and polute it with politics, guns or race or any other thing that isn't related...unless, of course, it is a tongue-in-cheek shot at Randy's LEFT limp haded Brutie rinding fixation with ugly man's asses...just who is Ugly Man anyway?

1 - 20 of 8509 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.