MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has been here? One of the best road signs ever!
I want to return to this place where it was over 40 celsius when i rode it last time on my gix1000.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You were there for 140 mls and you don't remember where it is?
haha, no, i know exactly where it is just challengin other peeps memories.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Come on,, come on,,, where is it. I am guessing its somewhere in OZ as you pulled up on your left ?
Not in OZ. We have km not miles down here. And road signs are on the left.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's hwy 36 at red bluff california heading to eureka on the coast. A truly amazing stretch of road!
You can take hwy 36 from red bluff to eaureka, head a bit north then hwy 299 east to redding. Makes for a wicked day trip. Hwy 36 is only a 2 lane snaky road while 299 is more freewayish but with some incredible switchbacks.

http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/Highway36.htm

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not in OZ. We have km not miles down here. And road signs are on the left.
we only pulled up on the left cuz we wanted our bikes in the pic.

Damn, i can't stop thinking about that trip. We did the circuit at least 3 times in a week that time. Coming back on hwy 299.

There is a great burger stop on hwy 36, can't rmember the name of the location, something funny. can anyone help me out?

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On hwy 299 closer to redding there's also a town there where we stopped for dinner too. after that, the locals warned us about dear and the bugs were pretty bad too. Couldn't believe how friendly everyone was.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There's also hwy 3 which i branches off hwy 36 and heads north about halfway to eureka (i think). It was fun too though not as much as 36.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Phhhhh, some of the best riding anywhere in the world. I trek up there once a year from SoCal to go riding for a few days. We usually do 400+ mile days of nothing but twisties - INCONCIEVABLE!!!! :brutale::f4:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Phhhhh, some of the best riding anywhere in the world. I trek up there once a year from SoCal to go riding for a few days. We usually do 400+ mile days of nothing but twisties - INCONCIEVABLE!!!! :brutale::f4:
Well i haven't been around the world (yet) but this is definietly my favourite so far.

The arid 2/3 of hwy 36 eventually change into a heavy forested section and then drops down into the coastal area, producing not only an elevation drop but a huge temperature drop. we had only geared up for the 40+ celsius temps of the initial section and froze our asses off in Eureka, so after a quick bite to eat we headed straight back on 299 to redding/red bluff.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Are there petrol stations in that stretch?:mouthwate My F4 certainly won't do 140 miles on a tank & I am especially sure that it wouldn't on THAT road!! :naughty:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts