MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's going to be a group ride leaving Pro Italia in Glendale this Monday, Jan 29th at 9:45AM. Large loop up thru LaTuna Canyon, above Lake Castaic, towards Palmdale and back through Green Valley. Fun/Sane...no land speed record holders. Pro Italia starting point, but not organized or endorsed by Pro Italia.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
man why monday oh i c pro ltalia is off on monday

hum... i have to work on monday :bawling:

i want to ried too :moped:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I will be going. Tom and I pre-rode the "loop" yesterday and with lunch and a fuel stop, it took right at four hours. Truly beautiful, a great alternative when the Angel's Crest (HWY 2) is un-rideable. Yes, we do work, but have flexi-schd's and a lot of our 75-100 hour work week happens at night and on weekends. If this turns out to be as much fun as I think it will...the plan is a weekend ride one month, a Monday ride the following. Stay tuned and we'll post photos and the story.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Thanks for the info, DB. Unfortunately I WILL have to work Monday AM (usually I have a flexi-schedule) but PLEASE keep me posted about the next run.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ride Details & Photos

We left Pro Italia a little late (of course) and with about half the planned group (10 out of 20) due to flash flood warnings in the area...after being snowed out a month before, it was going to take a lot more than a warning to keep us out of those canyons.

We never saw a drop of rain.

It turned out to be a beautiful day and conveniently, was only chilly in the fast parts, so no one seemed to mind. We rode the planned route which took us into the Sand Canyon area, through Green Valley, over Castaic Lake, around Lake Elizabeth and Lake Hughes..to lunch at The Rock Inn (not to be confused with The Rock Store in the Mountains above Malibu). Great group of guys, all with very diverse backgrounds...bound together by a common love of motorcycles (and French Fries). We had a nice turn out from the boys of Pro Italia and nobody got a wheel wrong all day. 145 Miles, 3.5 hours (with lunch) and traffic down I-5 on the way home was light and quick.

Look's like it worked, so the plan now is a Sunday ride out of Pro Italia next month (please stay tuned) followed by another Monday the following month.

Photo Link:

http://gallery.mvagusta.net/dbgraves

·
Registered
668 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks like a good group.

Gonna be a while before we do that here in the DC area. Winter finally showed it's head here with cold temps and a little snow last week.

:freezing:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes you will Samson, on the next one. Let the powers that be know that you and Jake have to come in a little late one Sunday every other month.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You guys lucked out with the weather, I rode the brute Ojai, S.B., Santa Ynez on Monday and had wet roads and the occasiaonal shower to contend with. Probably took longer cleaning up than riding, gotta get a rear hugger!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts