MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are having on an MV group ride next Sunday (12/20). The plan is to meet at and leave from the Starbucks next to Broken Yolk at the corner of La Costa Blvd. and El Camino Real. Departure time is 9 AM so come earlier if you wanna get a cup of joe and chat some :)

Also, if you are an MV owner/rider you can join the "MV Agusta club of Carlsbad" on Facebook to stay connected and meet others in our neighborhood. You will be amazed how many of us there are!

Regards,

Monsterkami (Kamran)

·
Registered
102 Posts
After our little chat this morning I will be there a little early to get some coffee and chit chat before the ride. Cant remember if we decided on the route yet, I know there were several options tossed out there but none were the "Thants just the one" yet.

·
Registered
182 Posts
hey Kami,

this is John from last week at GP cycles, I am going to SF that weekend but we should try to ride after the new year when I get back. I just put my new exhaust on and I love it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve, No specific route picked at this time but happy to consider all options. I posted the same with some suggestions on the FB site. Please feel free to suggest, comment and discuss possible routes for nbext Sunday and other group rides :)

John, noticed you had joined our FB group. That's great! I am glad you like your new exhaust. I would like to check it out when I see you in 2010. Have a great and safe trip :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Maybe something warm, like Montezuma/Borrego? It should be 71 degrees in Borrego (compared to 55 degrees in Julian, for example)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent option. We can then come back up the same way (or Yaqui pass) or go around to Salton Sea, Indio, Indian Wells (I know a great mexican restaurant off of Cook St.), Anza, Temecula and home. I have to warn everyone that this is a long route of about 270 miles and I have done it several times on various bikes. It may be too long for a few but if a die hard or two are interested I will be happy to do it on Sunday or a different day. Just gotta take it easy to enjoy!

Another option is to continue on S2 (San Felipe Rd) and pass Agua Caliente until we get to 8. From there we can go west on 8. There we have several options to exit and take Old Hwy 80 east or skip it and jump on 94 east to Campo, spring valley and then 805N or 5N. It all depends on how far folks wanna go.

·
Registered
102 Posts
great see you there at 9 am on the corner of La costa Ave and El Camino Real at the star bucks if that still works for you...

·
Registered
673 Posts
9am starbucks. Check. I'm coming from Carmel Mtn via Del Dios. I think it'll take me about 40 minutes to get there.
Kamran - are you coming, too?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Too bad I could not join you guys this morning :( My wife had already accepted a family brunch invitation to the Hotel Del Coronado and after I found out well ..... :) I hope you had fun. I did the desert roundtrip with the Palomar twist yesterday and it was heavenly on the Brute. It got me thinking about the 1090rr :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Carlsbad Crew

It was a fun ride to Palomar and then Montezuma.
Good meeting Ryan and Steve (in the pic below). Hope to meet you soon Kamran....
Pic at the viewpoint on Montezuma below.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I want to thank you both for showing me the ropes and putting up with my excitement. I think we might have to get a track date setup soon...I need some more of the "ah ha!" moments.

Great ride, great time, great people!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yea bro - Trackdays is where it's at. We're going out at least 4 times next year (because we bought 4-day packages).
I'll let you know when we're going. It's just a great experience, no matter what your skill level. Watching the times improve over the day and getting more and more confident is awesome out there.

Warning, though. It's addicting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yea bro - Trackdays is where it's at. We're going out at least 4 times next year (because we bought 4-day packages).
I'll let you know when we're going. It's just a great experience, no matter what your skill level. Watching the times improve over the day and getting more and more confident is awesome out there.

Warning, though. It's addicting.
Count me in for the next track day guys.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts