MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Removing my exhaust mufflers today and noticed a small 'scuff' behind where the 'mid pipe' and mufflers meet.
It's 'small' and you'd not notice it with the mufflers fitted..but now I know it's there:stickpoke I know it's gonna bug me!.

Wondering if anybody knows where I can get a small 'touch up' to match?...it's a knda grey/green with a tiny metallic fleck (2009 Brutale 1078rr).
The engine casings.,frame plates etc are the same colour.
Any help appreciated...and I've had a good search but can only locate 'silver'(not correct)
Brian:)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Removing my exhaust mufflers today and noticed a small 'scuff' behind where the 'mid pipe' and mufflers meet.
It's 'small' and you'd not notice it with the mufflers fitted..but now I know it's there:stickpoke I know it's gonna bug me!.

Wondering if anybody knows where I can get a small 'touch up' to match?...it's a knda grey/green with a tiny metallic fleck (2009 Brutale 1078rr).
The engine casings.,frame plates etc are the same colour.
Any help appreciated...and I've had a good search but can only locate 'silver'(not correct)
Brian:)
Try bikecolours.com He has an ebay store and does MV colours Brian.

joe

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Brian;
you'll have to scrap it now, it has a flaw :jsm:

1st dibs :naughty:

:drummer:

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Try bikecolours.com He has an ebay store and does MV colours Brian.

joe

Tried him Joe.....http://stores.ebay.co.uk/BIKECOLOUR..._fsub=11&_sid=112730349&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322
No..,the closest is engine 'silver'.(not right)

Brian;
you'll have to scrap it now, it has a flaw :jsm:

1st dibs :naughty:

:drummer:
Hahaa...Noel ...if I had your money I'd consider that (scrapping it)!:laughing:
I Have a spare Black one though..just 'in case'

Well nothing else for it.....I had to reach into the memory banks of my 'modelling' days and mix up a close match using trial and error of many 'paints'....I think I got pretty close.

I also had to revive my 'De Vilbiss' airbrush and my home made Compressor.(made many moons ago)

I practised on a none visible area of a spare 'Sprocket cover' and when satisfied...,set to the 'task'.

As I said earlier it wasn't visible when the exhaust mufflers were fitted..,but I knew it was there and it Bugged me!.

I've an idea to modify the Moto Corse Titanium link pipe bracket so it doesn't happen again...and I'll do that tomorrow:).

Attachments

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok so I set about the task of making sure the 'locating lug' of my midpipe/muffler mating area doesn't rub on my swing-arm again.

The situation arises due to the exhaust lug bushing being retained by a circlip on the inside..,and the centre of the bush protrudes through the 'inner' washer for the circlip to locate onto.

This 'setup' prevents the bracket of the midpipe from being properly located 'flush' against the 'inner' bush washer resulting in the midpipe resting perilously close to the swing arm (in my case occasionally rubbing).

I fixed this by drilling the oval locating hole in the midpipe bracket to 12mm (this is the diameter of the centre section of the exhaust bush).

I removed the circlip...,made a brass 'core' and used a stainless steel bolt,washer and 'nylock' nut.

The result is that the whole 'assembly' now sandwich's tightly together and the 'clearance' is now much greater to the swing arm.

Kinda hard to explain and as usual I hope the photos make it 'clear'.

Compare the 'clearance' now with that shown in the first photo of the opening post.

That's another 'wee' job outta the way!:)

Attachments

·
Old Wing Nut
22,680 Posts
The man is truly an Artisan !!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts