MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi MV people :)

My name is Koen, living in Belgium Aalst (That is more or less situated in the middle of this great country).
I was already mvagusta.net member, just saw my last post was from oct, 2013 ... That must have been just before I bought my brutale 675 ...

So time flies by, and I'm so happy to be able to say I just ordered the dragster 800rr model 2018 in grey/yellow :grin2:

I already have a first question ... basically if a tail tidy is already existing for this model. But I'll post it in the appropriate forum dear admins!

In the mean time, glad to be back and hoping the dragster will be delivered soon ...

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome back! Great looking bike, you probably won't get much sleep until it arrives. :mouthwate

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Foxtrot,

Yeah indeed, these 2 weeks will look like 2 years ... LOL
At least, it's already in the country, at the dealer. I can always go and have a quick look at it ...
Anyway, as the weather is still great over here at the moment, I'm still enjoying the Brutale like hell :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
New Dragster

Greetings Koen and welcome back,
That bike looks so hot that I'm sure you will be ahead of everybody else and you won't have time to look back as the cars rapidly retreat backwards from your presence.

I think the scooter behind you in the picture is in love with your new bike :surprise:
G'day Mate!!

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
Welcome!

Please add your bike year and model to your signature line. It will come in handy later.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Koan,

Welcome and I think you have excellent taste in motorcycles!

cheers from Sugar Land, TX, USA

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
Seems I'm only able to edit biography, not the signature?
Go to: TOOLS>USER CP>SETTINGS & OPTIONS>EDIT SIGNATURE

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Welcome Koen. One day you need to come and show off this bike :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
First 100 km on the dragster, amazing bike! Throttle much smoother, back tyre gives a lot of confidence in corners, sticky 🙂 suspension quite firm, but ok for me. A thrill! 🙂

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
First 500 km with the dragster

Good morning all! (at least in Belgium)

Did the first 500 km with the dragster and have to admit, what a machine.

First thing to notice is the smoothness of the gas response compared to the brutale. Delivery is much more linear, but don't get me wrong though ... If you open the throtthle, it goes like a beast, the exhaust sound is so addictive and .... it will wheelie ... :)

The seating position is also a little different compared to the brutale, I have the impression I'm sitting a little more comfortable, suspension quite hard though. I can imagine some people would want to loosen it, especially the rebound. On bad roads, hold on to the bar ends :)

Initially I was a little afraid about the big back tire about the handling, and yes, you have to 'pull' it a little faster in corners when going fast, but it gives a LOT of confidence about grip, the tire is glued to the road, really love it, it gives a lot of confidence.

About the tail tidy.... the longer I see the original one, the more I want to keep it. To be honest, it's a question of getting used to it. Just made it clean, remove the publicity crap from the dealer and it's quite smooth. Check the pics (it looks a lot better in real then on picture) :)

Basically, an amazing fun bike! A real head turner. Last week, 2 policemen pulled me over. I grabbed the paperwork. They litteraly said 'It's ok, we just want to see the bike' ...

Koen

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts